Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Pin 570 & SmartST 2005 comments
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Pin 570 & SmartST 2005 comments

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geofflowe
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Pin 570 & SmartST 2005 comments Reply with quote

Just come back from the S of France where I used the Pin570 all the time.
A few comments and notes that may be of interest / worry to Forum users.

* I do like the all-in-one format and the SD card (512Mb) held all of France + the majority of the UK.
* The 2005 software is, as far as could see, no different in operation to the V3 I had in my Ipaq (now for sale with sleeve).
* The Active POI alert doesn't seem to work on any of the pre-loaded PIO's only the 'My POI's'. It also doesn't seem to allow you to pick a POI subject to alert you and save it - mine always defaulted back to the same one however many times i tried - annoying and I'd like to know why (same in V3 too)
* Software still crashed like V3 when you are going along. - Also software froze if you pushed the central button to the right to get the different route view. Sometimes OK sometimes it froze.
* GPS sometimes thought I was in a field or a road alongside the motorway before getting back on track. Lots of 'bonging' before gettting back on the road!
* I also discovered by tapping the screen at the very bottom of the screen it would recalculate the route.
* The French speed camera database was most useful even though it wasn't exactly accurate as to which direction it was pointing it made you aware of them. Again, the Active POI ones of the mobile sites woulfd have been useful but i couldn't select an alternate and save it.
* All the other mapping, roudabouts (even very new ones) were all there and it did, on the whole, perform really well.
* The screen is quite reflective so a in certain light conditions it was difficult to see - the windscreen mount is very good however.
* I'm a bit miffed that only a couple of months ago i bought Smartnav V3 and there was no upgrade path to V.2005 as yet - how about a refund Navman? - Laughing Out Loud!!!
* Navman have a woefully hopeless website i think - why on earth they can't have up to date products 9mainly software) and upgrades available AS the new products come out I really don't know.

anyway, rant over - I like the Pin 570 and hope there will some answers to my comments in due courese.
geofflowe
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots or viewing but comments which is a bit of a letdown!!!
johnkath
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say as a newbie I have found boththis and the Navman site useful.

The navman is pretty new but I have had some good advice from it.

I agree though that there is not enough info. in some areas e.g. accessories.

John 8)
geofflowe
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've now sent what I put down above to navman for a response - see what happens!
geofflowe
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing has come back so far which, seeing as I wrote to them on 3 occasions, seems a bit of a shame. I thought my comments would have been of interest but obviously nobody could give a dman there - oh well!
johnkath
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is a shame that with such a range of GPS instruments they do not try and take more note of their customers particularly when they have spent some time in writing some constructive information.

It depends on who gets your info. most times I have had good answers but on one occasion the person at the other end was just trying to make me jump over hoops and when I had, and satisfied all his questions he did not send me the requested information.
geofflowe
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still nothing from them!!
hz1m9v
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one setence , good functionality but with lack of information!!!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: