Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman Pin 570 Blues
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman Pin 570 Blues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cleverchap
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Navman Pin 570 Blues Reply with quote

I have recently purchased a Pin 570, having seen some good reviews, plus i managed to get a discount through work on this.

I know i am probably being thick, but I have been struggling to pick up any satellites on the unit. My gps is set to Com8, 9600. I looked on Navman's website to look for clues, but the best thing i saw on there was to wait 15 minutes to get an initial lock when unit is first ever used.

I know the weather is a bit pants this afternoon in north london, but I thought i would of seen something. I tried last night in Moorgate EC2M (just outside the station there) and also in N9, edmonton.

Any and all suggestions welcome.
Chris
DGreen
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleverchap,

I am not sure of the settings for the PiN 570, but the settings mentioned seem a little odd specially the 9600. I have its predecessor, the PiN 300 and the settings are Coms 2, 4800. These settings may be worth a try. In first instance make sure you are outdoors and not in a vehicle, as vehicle may have athermic windscreen, which makes it almost impossible to pick up good signal strength.

Best Regards,
Denis
johnkath
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleverchap, go into the GPS part of the menu and check that the top box is ticked!

Your settings COM8 and 9600 are right for the 570!

John
Cleverchap
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured it out in the end, it didn't help that i have a renault megane with a heat reflective screen, which blocked most of the signal.

Outside in the day time I was getting 8 green bars+, in the car, it dropped to 2 red ... (hmmm) - i have bought a mini mmcx external aerial which i should get mid week.

The settings were correct and yes gps was on ;-) Thanks anyway peeps. Look forward to using this little baby loads
DGreen
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleverchap,

Great to see you have sorted out the problem. Those damn Renaults !!! I lease Renaults when visiting Europe and fortunately was aware of the windscreen situation well before I personally ventured into portable navigation systems. The external antenna is part of my standard travelling kit these days (even here in Australia).

I shouldn't really just pick on the poor Renaults, as I know that many European manufactured cars have the same screen treatments these days.

Best Regards,
Denis

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: