Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - installing gps driver
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

installing gps driver

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
humber
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: installing gps driver Reply with quote

hi, i am trying to install a earlier gps driver (version 2.06) over my 3.07 version i have the driver on a usb flash device, how do i install it ,have done it once but have now forgotten,any help would be great, thanks
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First question is why are you downgrading the GPS driver?
humber
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: gps driver Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
First question is why are you downgrading the GPS driver?

hi darren the reason why i am trying this is because i have got a toshiba e750 pda and cannot set up my tom tom 3 wired gps on it. when i open up the gps status it only shows com port 3,4,usb and ir,this is after being sent back to toshiba repair centre who claimed it had a faulty service board,but before it went the com listing comprised of com 2,3,usb and ir. so where has com 2 gone? the reason why it went back was because it does not list serial on com 1 which i believe it needs. have tried all other coms hard resets,reinstalls still no com 1.there is no other software on it and incoming beams box is unchecked.seems to have most people stumped, i still think the pda is faulty but toshiba customer service does not seem that good.thanks for any help
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think the e750 has a native serial port?

See http://pc-mobile.net/toshiba.htm
humber
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: serial on com port 1 Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
I didn't think the e750 has a native serial port?

See http://pc-mobile.net/toshiba.htm
hi darren, yes there is no actual serial port it is connected with the same connection as the cradle, but in the com port settings there should be listed 'serial on com port 1'and some other guys on the forum says that theres has it listed and it works ok
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I'm pretty certain that the e570 has no Serial COM1 without an optional Serial - USB Host adapter.
humber
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: usb Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
I wouldn't be so sure about that. I'm pretty certain that the e570 has no Serial COM1 without an optional Serial - USB Host adapter.
hi, so do i need to buy a usb expansion adapter,but then the plug on the end of the gps is like a telephone plug?
humber
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: cf gps tom tom Reply with quote

it seems nobody can cure my pda with the wired tom tom gps receiver,thanks for trying everybody. i would like to try a compact flash gps has anybody got any suggestions. do u have set up the ports for this model because i only have com 3,4,usb and ir listed or does it set up differantly. techinical support from globalpositioning has not worked,they thought i wanted to use a old style serial connected gps cable but it is the same plug as on the cradle(small multi pin plug).tom tom receiver com 1 and 2 are not in the gps listings at all? thanks for all your help

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: