Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Plus & BT
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Plus & BT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mammouth
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: TomTom Plus & BT Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

For my first post, I would like to share with you the problem I am facing with TomTom 5 and my Palm TT3.

I am using a BT GPS (TomTom) and I am not able to access to the TomTom Plus service when connected it - GPRS connection using BT to my mobile.

I found a workaround (I am not sure it can be considered as a workaround...): by setting a different GPS (not a a BT one) the service can be reached (for the trafic). Then, I have to reconfigure the BT GPS and it is done.
It is the only way to let the BT available for the GPRS connection.
So it can be done at the beginning but can be done when driving or updated automatically.

Am I the only one facing this problem? Do you know a way to fix it?
I am still waiting an anwser fro TomTom Support on this issue.

Thanks
Mr-B
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I found a workaround (I am not sure it can be considered as a workaround...): by setting a different GPS (not a a BT one) the service can be reached (for the trafic). Then, I have to reconfigure the BT GPS and it is done.
It is the only way to let the BT available for the GPRS connection.
So it can be done at the beginning but can be done when driving or updated automatically.

Can you clarify exactly what you mean by the above?
I don't understand it.
mammouth
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact, I just had the confirmation from TomTom and it is not possible to us a BT GPS and a GPRS connection via BT using PalmOs.
So no traffic, etc.
Only the Treo 650 can use a GPS BT and can be connected to the service at the same time.

If you want to have the traffic on PalmOs, you must have a GPS with cable.
RavyGravyDavy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Tomtom Plus and Palm T3 Bluetooth Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Hi mammouth, I've been having a similar problem. I was running TT Nav 4 with BT on my Tungsten T3 and had already bought the Maps of Western Europe. The only reason I upgraded was for the live traffic service via TT5 and TT Plus. Like you I had the same problem, and have had it confirmed by Tomtom that the T3 is only capable of a single BT connection therefore you cannot use TT Plus whilst using Nav 5 with BT GPS. The only workaround is to select wired GPS, though of course Nav 5 won't work then.

I'm a bit miffed by this as their website states Nav 5 is compatible with the T3 with Bluetooth and also states that the TT Plus services are available, which as we know is patenty incorrect - I believe they should warn of this on their site.

As they suggested to me, you can buy the wired GPS unit (if they had them in stock!). This then racks up though, 59 Euro for the TT5 upgrade, 99 Euro for the Wired GPS and 59.95 Euro for a years TT Plus traffic subscription, totalling 217.95 Euro (about £140 give or take a Euro) Not bad considering I was happy with TT4 in the first place!
vinniet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know of any other Palm that can do more then one BT connection? I have Zire 72 and was curious. Is there a way on the palm site I can check that?
TazUk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mammouth wrote:
...it is not possible to us a BT GPS and a GPRS connection via BT using PalmOs.

It's not a limitation of PalmOS but rather that of the Bluetooth version used. BT 1.1 only supports one BT device at a time, the newer BT 1.2 standard support more than one. AFAIK none of the Palm PDA's support BT 1.2 Rolling Eyes
MikeProcter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Treo 650 can access traffic and a BT receiver, but you can't use a BT car kit at the same time!

So, I still have to use a wired gps receiver! Just ordered a Holux GR213 to replace my broke Seidio GR300.

It's a pain to have to keep on switching on and off the Tom Tom BT receiver every time I stop for an appointment. - Thats one of the reasons why I use a wired receiver.
WolfMax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way to use your phone and BT GPS is if your phone has IR. of course trying to hold your phone in range of the IR port whilst driving might be a bit problematical Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: