Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Slow voice commands with navigator 5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Slow voice commands with navigator 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deckard2006
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Slow voice commands with navigator 5 Reply with quote

Dear All

Forgive a newbie question please, but I have recently purchased my first GPS system and its the TomTom navigator 5 running on an iPaq 1710.

Maybe its a limitation in performance on my ipaq but sometimes when approaching road features (particualrly roundabouts) I find the voice synthesis is particularly slow in giving me directions -

in

yards

take the 2nd exit

You're almost on the roundabout before you know where you're supposed to be going! Anyone have similar experiences?

Cheers

Andrew
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the map redraw jerky?

If so, have you enabled a lot of POI's?

Are you using V5 or V5.1?

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you running any other applicatons? PPC does not by default close applications when you "close them" it just hides them and they can end up using a lot of memory. With the 1710 you really need to dedicate the whole processor to TT to get the best out of it.

Other things to try that made a big difference to me - limit the number of categories of POI warnings you have set. As well as the number of visible POIs, the number of POI categories that trigger warnings makes a difference. For example, my 1710 is fine with all the UK speed cameras set up as categories for Gatso, MObile, Temporary etc - if I use more POI categories to get the different speeds, the thing slows to a crawl even though the number of POIs is the same.

Lastly, defragmenting your memory card will make TT run much smoother - using a card reader, copy the files fro mthe card to a folder on a computer, then reform the card, and then copy the files back again.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: