Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How many times do I need to upgrade?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How many times do I need to upgrade?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carl_w
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: How many times do I need to upgrade? Reply with quote

I have both a GO Classic (v5.201 with some variant of v3 map of UK) and a TTN3 PDA. Got the e-mail about upgrades ceasing, so thought I'd upgrade the GO. €79 for just the map of the UK seems a bit steep, so I looked at the TTN3 upgrade. For €59 it appears I get TTN5 and the full maps of Western Europe! If I purchase this upgrade, can I use the new v5 maps on the GO as well? I guess this boils down to two questions: (1) will they work, and (2) is this within the terms of the licence agreement?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: How many times do I need to upgrade? Reply with quote

carl_w wrote:
(v5.201 with some variant of v3 map of UK)

It would be V4 maps.

carl_w wrote:
Got the e-mail about upgrades ceasing, so thought I'd upgrade the GO. €79 for just the map of the UK seems a bit steep

It includes the price of an SD Card.

carl_w wrote:
so I looked at the TTN3 upgrade. For €59 it appears I get TTN5 and the full maps of Western Europe! If I purchase this upgrade, can I use the new v5 maps on the GO as well? I guess this boils down to two questions: (1) will they work, and (2) is this within the terms of the licence agreement?

(1) I believe the maps are common to both platforms. The problem is with the activation and the problems that might arise at the next upgrade.

(2) No this is not within the terms of the agreement as it is a per device agreement.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: How many times do I need to upgrade? Reply with quote

carl_w wrote:
€79 for just the map of the UK seems a bit steep,

€79 is actually rather a bargain considering you also get full 7 Digit UK PostCode functionality.

Compare that with other systems that charge £199 for a map update alone.
carl_w
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: How many times do I need to upgrade? Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
€79 is actually rather a bargain considering you also get full 7 Digit UK PostCode functionality.
But not so much of a bargain compared to €59 for the whole set of Western Europes maps (which also include 7 digit UK and NL postcode functionality). Why the disparity in prices (aside from the cost of the SD card, obviously).
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree there is some disparity there. We did ask why and they (TomTom) did explain it to us I don't recall the answer now!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: