Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New to TomTom
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New to TomTom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobtown
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: New to TomTom Reply with quote

I am a new user with TomTom 5, I previously used Prymenav V2 and was pretty happy with it all except that the POI could not be updated to include speed cameras. I decided to move to TomTom 5 as it seemed to be the best package available. After a months use with TomTom a few issues are really annoying and wonder if anybody has any advice on how to overcome these:
TomTom constantly adjusts the volume of the PDA (really annoying if listening to MP3 at the same time as navigating), I have selected a voice that is not available so I still get POI alert but no voice direction. If the PDA volume is low it turns it up, if the volume is high it turns it down!

After starting program TomTom defaults to home position not to last known position.

Unable to view map from a greater distance than set, if changed TomTom zooms you back in again, why bother putting the option to zoom out in the first place?

Map sometimes jumps your position into an adjacent road/field, map will flicker for a few seconds before it puts you back on track.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the sound problem try de-selecting the "link volume to car speed" check box in preferences/ volume menu. The rest I agree are a pain the auto zoom is not too bad (for me), and I also get the car "off roading" according to TT. Mike
bobtown
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike,
I had not noticed that preference before, do not know if it will do the trick.
As I have selected a non useable voice it does not let me go into this setting?
I will select good old Jane for a while and see if this works.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: