Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Map Up-dates for TTN3?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Map Up-dates for TTN3?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
s3dbw
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Map Up-dates for TTN3? Reply with quote

Is there anyway of purchasing map updates for TTN3? I know TTN5 came with updated maps, but I would prefer to stay with TTN3 as I personally feel it is better.

I know it is not possible to read the TTN5 maps with TTN3, but surely Teleatlas or someone must produce updated maps for existing products?
vaioable
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I wouldnt bother as they dont seem to be upto date at all.
In fact leaving my house with TT5 it now tries to send me into a Cul de Sac and through an ally rather than the normal "using the road" route.
TT3 never had this problem.
Quicket and fastest do the same thing. regular route to work that i have been taking with TT3 for the last year now wants me to go a completley different way. Longer, and at that time of the morning slower due to huge amounts of traffic.
Very dissapointed with the maps and my trust in them is less now as they have proven that routes i know and use regually with TT3 have now changed.
After long attempts to get updates in, never mind the 1hr and a half installing it in the firstplace, having to install workarounds so that I can hear POI's but not directions and bad map data, am i intitled to a refund?

For one or two Bells and whistles its really very disapointing.

Lee
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

the only way to get a map update is to get a upgrade to tt5 yes the maps are very up to date i travel nation wide every week

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi s3dbw
Sorry mate, TT3 is dead and finished and so Tomtom will never go to the expense of updating the maps for it. You will have to move with the times and upgrade to TT5. I have used for sometime now and it works brilliant. It gets me to wherever I want to go with no trouble at all. It lacks some of the bells and whistles that TT3 had but I never used them and so don’t miss them. I did initially miss checkpoint but I now have that installed and that runs ok too. You could of course try an entirely different navigation program but from what I have seen I doubt that you will find one that even comes close to TT5.
amcluesent
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>Is there anyway of purchasing map updates for TTN3?<

Nope, but you can d/l the TomTom GO map which has been updated (i.e. M6 toll) and works fine on TT3. Some (TomTom shareholders?) may say this is illegal warez, I say that TT5 was an shoddy insult to their customers...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: