Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Medion MD 95900 problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Medion MD 95900 problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cityboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Medion MD 95900 problems Reply with quote

Anybody point me in the right direction please!!!!

I have the MD95900, bought from ALDI but note that the maps supplied are UK/Ireland with main European roads only(?) I am off to France in August and wanted more detailed maps. Question Question. Are these the only maps supplied or am I missing someting obvious like others available on the CD's supplied? Because if they are I can't see 'em.

Also problems using SD card for mp3 player - I think it has been mentioned before but once I take out the supplied MMC and insert a SD card (formatted FAT32) it is not recognised as being there, either on my PC exploring 'mobile device' in Activsinc' or by the unit itself when trying to access the MP3 player.

Any help please would be appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation!!
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many CD's do you have, a full set with the euro coverage consists of 4 cd's, if you have them then you would have a program on disc 1 called map export, that you load to your main pc then when run you can export the different euro maps to your unit via activesync or to the card via a card reader.

As regards your SD card, some card readers will not load the files to the card in a format that the pna or pda like, you will need to place the files from your card onto your main pc, then place the card into your pna and then transfer them via ActiveSync, which I know takes for ever, but just try one or two tracks to see if that works ok.

I was going to have a look on the Medion shop for any euro maps, but the web site is closed for update at the time I posted this, but this is the url

https://www.medionshop.co.uk/
cityboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the speedy reply.

I only have 1 cd with maps on it - Any idea where I could obtain French maps for the unit?

I will try out another SD card later today to see if it makes a difference and also try to get files over via ActivSync. I also only seem to be able to connect as a guest and not form a full 'partnership' with my PC - should I still be able to transfer files via ActivSync with this connection?

Many thanks again.
snip
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Try the pocket earlier pocket PC maps Reply with quote

I lent a friend my new 95900. He was going to France and Italy.
I put the supplied maps + maps for France and Italy that I had from a Medion Pocket PC navigator (the previous one from ALDI) on a 1GB card from ALDI.
It showed up a 3 different maps on the select map menu. You just had to select the one you wanted, then it asked you to do a soft reset and away it went.
Hope this helps
Snip
Stumartin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pocketgps wrote:
How many CD's do you have, a full set with the euro coverage consists of 4 cd's, if you have them then you would have a program on disc 1 called map export, that you load to your main pc

I did it your way it took a long time but it was perfect .It works with activsync .....can take over 4 hours but what the hell
Stu

https://www.medionshop.co.uk/
itxweather
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Medion MD 95900 problems Reply with quote

cityboy wrote:
Anybody point me in the right direction please!!!!

I have the MD95900, bought from ALDI but note that the maps supplied are UK/Ireland with main European roads only(?) I am off to France in August and wanted more detailed maps. Question Question. Are these the only maps supplied or am I missing someting obvious like others available on the CD's supplied? Because if they are I can't see 'em.

Also problems using SD card for mp3 player - I think it has been mentioned before but once I take out the supplied MMC and insert a SD card (formatted FAT32) it is not recognised as being there, either on my PC exploring 'mobile device' in Activsinc' or by the unit itself when trying to access the MP3 player.

Any help please would be appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation!!

Hi,

Not sure if you have got the SD Card problem fixed but the 95900 does not seem to like Kingston SD Cards, tried two of them and neither work, however Sandisk seem to work.

Best Regards.

http://www.itx-weather.co.uk
cityboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorted!

Aquired a full set of European maps, bought a 512 Sandisk SD card and now have UK/Ireland as well as France on there with some space left for MP3's as well.

Thanks to all those who replied and yes there does seem to be a compatibility issue with certain SD cards as my two Panasonic cards, used in my camera, did not register.

Thanks again

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: