Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - buying European maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

buying European maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
calvinf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: buying European maps Reply with quote

I going on holiday to France and thought i would buy the European maps for TTN 5 on my Ipaq, called up GlobalPositioningsystems, and they informed me you can only buy them with a the full software you cant just buy them as a add on. Is this true? are TomTom really cutting off a good source of extra income, becouse there is no way im prepared to by aoither full software packege just to get extra maps, which could be sold as a add on Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Horndean
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: buying European maps Reply with quote

calvinf wrote:
I going on holiday to France and thought i would buy the European maps for TTN 5 on my Ipaq, called up GlobalPositioningsystems, and they informed me you can only buy them with a the full software you cant just buy them as a add on. Is this true? are TomTom really cutting off a good source of extra income, becouse there is no way im prepared to by aoither full software packege just to get extra maps, which could be sold as a add on Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Not true you can them here http://www.easydevices.co.uk/pcp/products.asp?partno=636926003803

here (GlobalPositionsystem own site!)

http://www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk/viewprod.php?flt=&search=tomtom+navigator+5+maps&vt=list&product_id=3588&max_cat_id=-1&vt=list&PHPSESSID=178c81a3b5cf5c44e317a261822f2729

here

https://www.blueunplugged.com/Products/TomTom_Go__Maps_of_Western_Europe.aspx

Do a search and there are more

Bob
calvinf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the option i tried to buy, and was told that was for GO only and i would have to buy the £135 option, thats Globalpositoning systems for you, well they have just lost out on a sale, i did have the other links but was put in to doubt by GPS coz i assumed they knew what thet were talking about :x
Horndean
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvinf wrote:
This is the option i tried to buy, and was told that was for GO only and i would have to buy the £135 option, thats Globalpositoning systems for you, well they have just lost out on a sale, i did have the other links but was put in to doubt by GPS coz i assumed they knew what thet were talking about :x

Calvinf, if you are worried check out the TomTom Maps of Europe only details on this site.

http://www.tomtom.com/products/accessory.php?ID=110&Product=99&Category=&Context=1&Language=1

It's cheaper to buy from a retailer!
TimesSquare
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: buying European maps Reply with quote

Where are you from Calvinf ? USA ? UK ?
Horndean is right, the best price you can find to get European maps is 149€ (look at TomTom website) and the full software cost 190€, so you saving 50€ if you already have the software installed on your pocket PC. I have European maps for TT5 and I'm looking myself to get USA/Canada maps and i didn't find it yet. TomTom sent me an email to say me that we would be able to get other maps in september but I don't know when exactly, so I think it will be too late for me to get the maps, because I planned to go to USA begining of Sept .. so If somebody knows where i could get these maps, please tell me

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: