Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Bluetooth GPS IPaq 4700 ATV
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Bluetooth GPS IPaq 4700 ATV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MeYHymN
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Bluetooth GPS IPaq 4700 ATV Reply with quote

Hello all.
My knowledge of GPS'ing in general is very limited (Had a Garmin Etrex till it got run over :*(. I'm not really looking for technical data at this time. I'll deal w/ that after I get my unit. I currently have an HP IPaq 4700 (work is good). I also ride my ATV alot. I wish to acquire a bluetooth GPS receiver and software (in a package or separate, doesn't matter) that I can use on my ATV, I ride anywhere from slow <5mph crawl speeds to 60mph (that's 8kmh and 97 for u red coats ;). The GPS will specifically be used for my ATV. I need the receiver to be vibration/shock and water resitant. I need it to be able to last 6+ hours on a charge or have a 12V adapter available. The bluetooth is more a preference than requirement. Accuracy, durability, compatibility and battery life are major concerns.

Software wise I'm looking for a topo compatible software package that can export the maps into a gif or a jpeg format. I'd like to log all my atv trails and them superimpose them on a street map to distribute to my friends. The basemap that I u/l to the pocketPC before going on the trip, I want to make sure that I can disable the actual topo lines. This is very important.

Thank you for your time and attention.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the topo maps you will want to use OziExplorer.

the BT receiver can always be put into a ZipLoc bag... Take one of the newer SiRF III based receivers.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
MeYHymN
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So which Sirf III based receiver would be best suited for ATV'ing? Or could I get a list of 3 or so to narrow my choices down? Anyone else here use a GPS w/ an IPaq on their ATV? Or anyone use a BT reciever for GPS mapping on their ATV?
Thanx.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: