Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN5 exits with Axim X30
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN5 exits with Axim X30

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RichH6109
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: TTN5 exits with Axim X30 Reply with quote

Hi,

Apologies if this question has been raised before - I hope someone can help here (please, please, please)! I've just had my first foray into the GPS world and purchased a Dell Axim X30 along with an Arkon powered GPS mount (CM-850, I think) and TomTom Navigator 5.

Everything works like a dream, but TomTom 5 has a habit of unexpectedly quitting back to Windows during a journey. Obviously using the stylus to reboot TTN5 whilst bombing down the motorway is a bit of a problem. Is this a known issue, or is there something simple that could be causing this?

Thanks in advance,
RH
delboy102
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the exact same setup as yours (Axim X30 624mhz, Arkon powered mount, Toshiba 512mb high speed SD card), i used it locally a few times and it was fine, however yesterday I Was on the motorway and i passed a tunnel (dunno if that may of helped) however i got my signal back and after about 15mins tomtom just exited, had to stop on hard shoulder to get it back on again, i did a soft reset and am really really hoping it doesnt happen again, otherwise this would just spoil an otherwise perfect setup.
Let me know if you figure out the cause Smile
RichH6109
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll let you know - although it seems to happen sporadically rather than only when I lose GPS signal (I think).
RichH6109
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to add that this is with an upgrade to 5.1 and has been legally purchased.
delboy102
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was using my axim on the arkon mount today, after about half an hour i reached my destination and when I took off the axim I noticed the back of it was very hot, I touched the arkon mount and that was hot too, as a guess maybe on long journeys it overheats? (assuming yours only exits on long journeys), next time I go on a long journey I'll try it so that the axim doesnt make contact with the back face of the mount, since mine only happened once its hard to say if it will happen again.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: