Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Has my TomTom bluetooth receiver died?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Has my TomTom bluetooth receiver died?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blueteeth
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Has my TomTom bluetooth receiver died? Reply with quote

Hi,

My bluetooth GPS receiver has stopped working.

When I charge it the red light comes on and thn goes out when charged as normal.

When i press the power button very quickly, the blue LED flashes once.

When I press and hold the power button for a second the green LED comes on and stays on solid, but no blue light.

In any of the above states when I search for the receiver in bluetooth device noting is found.

Any ideas?

Is this a known issue? Sad
swaino
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s'funny mine has just started doing that aswell? I have tried the suggestion on the TomTom web site of letting it discharge and then charging from the mains adaptor. It still gives a red light when charging.
I think it means the battery is dead although it seems to hold some charge?. Oh well I wonder how much a new one is gonna be? unless someone knows a handy hint!.
Blueteeth
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done some searching and have found a few people reporting the same issue. I don't think it's a case of it not holding the charge, as it still takes a good 5 - 6 hours to run down the battery.

I've emailed TomTom and will post what they tell me.

In the meantime can anyone recommend a wired (i've been put off BT with recent events) GPS receiver for use with my HP 2210.
Blueteeth
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys i'm turning to you for a bit of advice. I emailed Tomtom about this issue and i got the usual response of let it fully discharge then recharge for 6hrs, alas no joy.

Then they sent me the following:

Dear Mr,

Might we suggest you try to download and install this update for the GPS application:

Title: Update October 2004 - TomTom GPS 3.07 - Pocket PC
URL: http://62.250.17.58/cgi-bin/uk.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1438&p_created=1083914649

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team

I've emailed them back asking how can a GPS software update affect my Bluetooth GPS receiver? They have told me to just try it.

Am i right in thinking they are not really listening to what i'm trying to explain to them?

P.S. If i send it back with an RMA number how much do they roughly charge for repair if the item is out of the 12 months warranty?
ABeeBeeSee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Repair charge for me was 50 Euros - and they plug the holes that the cradle fits into so that you can no longer use that
chaddow
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem with my TT GPS Receiver Mk1 and got it replaced under warrenty. When the replacement arrived the cradle connection was covered over, but this was just a plastic plug (in my case YMMV) which was easy to remove. Once the cover was removed the cradle connector was again usable.

Cheers for now
Western Europe Map V652.1181/Brodit Car Mount

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: