Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hundleton1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: tomtom maps Reply with quote

i have tomtom 5 for my PDA and the gb map, i am after a map for Europe, do I have to but the hole lot again with the western Europe edition or can I just get the maps?
Horndean
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased Navigator 5 with the GB map and only really need the map of Spain.

I asked TomTom the question and was informed an edition of the Maps of Europe only would be available end of July.

I wish I could download just the one map but believe I will have to buy the whole of Europe on CD.
Hoppy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you brought TT5 new you will have to buy the whole of europe again, if you upgraded from TT3 you already get the whole of europe on 6 CD's, why they do it that way, they only know.
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I bought the navigation pack in January I knew it said on the box that the maps of europe were on CD and needed seperate activation - but I was horroified to discover once I had bought it that I could not activate individual maps. I wanted to activate Benelux but had to buy Finland and Italy plus loads of other places I did not want as well. The result was TT lost a sale. I wasn't going to pay €189 for something I wanted worth about €50. TT could not understand my problem.

In the end I bought the upgrade to TT5 when it became available which includes the maps for an even larger area, but at a price I am willing to pay for getting the Benelux maps I wanted in the first place. No doubt the next upgrade they sell when they bring out TT6 will have only the maps for half a country or something really stupid!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: