Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Does anyone have a problem with Mobile camera POI ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Does anyone have a problem with Mobile camera POI ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
retrospek
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Does anyone have a problem with Mobile camera POI ? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I got my TomTom Navigator 5 today for my Palm Treo 650. One thing I've done today is loaded all of the speed POI and Voice files.

However, I'm finding that I'm receiving a number of 'Mobile' camera alerts. I thought a mobile alert means that a mobile speed camera has been set-up at some point on the road...

But on my drive home from a friends (2 miles) I probably had 15-20 mobile camera alerts. Is this normal ? As I'm getting so many false Mobile alerts I'm starting to think maybe I should switch them off ?

I'm not getting any problems with Gatso or Red Light alerts.

Any ideas ? Is this normal ?

Thanks, Mark
BV
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: MOBILE ALERTS Reply with quote

It appears that the mobile sites are where cameras have been noted in the past and where they may be placed in the future. In my view keep them ticked as it is better to be warned, than miss one that may cost you 3 points!
BV
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole point is that mobile cameras have been seen there. Mobile cameras move around - they will not be there as often as they are there. But, you would rather be warned would you not? Mobile cameras are the ones that are less visible and therefore the ones that need the most warning.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: