Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Removed Post?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Removed Post?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elessar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Removed Post? Reply with quote

Hey, I put a post on here ealier detailing another example of PDAMods false advertising and now its gone?
Looking at PDAMods site the offending item has also gone, although as usual I have retained a full snap-shot of the site as it was to add to my dossier of evidence.

So what exactly has gone on here? I mean, this is a forum for people to post comments about retailers, isn't it?

Either way, nice to see the item finally removed, it would be nice if all of the ebay auctions for the same item were also removed, or at least made slightly more honest.

Would be nice to receive an explanatory email if someones going to start deleting posts. I guess its that sponsors thing again?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, it's not a sponsors thing. Your post did not provide any new information (it was basically a duplicate post - those get deleted). Your other posts are still there.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
elessar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, actually it wasn't a duplicate post.

This post detailed a product on PDAMods. My previous posts were primarily about PDAMods aliases mis-selling the same product on ebay.

I was shocked to find that they thought that they could get away with that kind a false advertising in a scenario with more regulation than ebay.

Like I said, an email would probably be in order when deleting posts, especially if your'e not going to take the time to fully digest the information before hitting delete.

As it happens PDAMods seem to have removed the offending item, possibly due to the fact that their fictional brand infringes on someone else's trademark, so there's no real harm done.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually planning to send you aPM but that must have gotten pushed off my work queue today - apologies.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
DavidHobbs
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is good to know however that duplicate posts are deleted so as to clear out the unnecessary stuff. I just wanted to drop in my two cents.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: