Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 6630 WON'T WORK WITH TTM5 - HELP!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

6630 WON'T WORK WITH TTM5 - HELP!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
k690bpp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: 6630 WON'T WORK WITH TTM5 - HELP!!! Reply with quote

hi,

i've got a spv c500 running ttm5 but now i've upgraded my phone to a nokia 6630 and ttm5 won't work on it.

the tomtom icon isn't there - please help!!!

thanks.
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works on my 6630.

Did you move the MMC card? The 6630 has a special type of card callrd dual voltage.

Without this type of card the phone will not see the installer.

Supposedly TT does not support the 6630 neither.
k690bpp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought a new 512mb mmc and its a dual voltage one.

the older version of ttm works fine on the phone apart from not being able to locate the gps reciever.

its only when i upgrade it to ttm5 it stops working, the icon for tt isn't there and i don't know how to install it.

looking at the files on the card it seems as though the hidden folder system/apps/ttmobile is missing from the ttm5 card but its on the old ttm card, is it on yours???

this is why i think the icon is not there and btw i'm using the upgrade pack for the spv c500.

any ideas???

thanks.
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k690bpp wrote:
i bought a new 512mb mmc and its a dual voltage one.

the older version of ttm works fine on the phone apart from not being able to locate the gps reciever.

its only when i upgrade it to ttm5 it stops working, the icon for tt isn't there and i don't know how to install it.

looking at the files on the card it seems as though the hidden folder system/apps/ttmobile is missing from the ttm5 card but its on the old ttm card, is it on yours???

this is why i think the icon is not there and btw i'm using the upgrade pack for the spv c500.

any ideas???

thanks.

I borrowed a mate's phone to test this on my 6630 before he installed it one his (I had a large mem card and he did not). We have not activayed the one on my phone, but just made sure that it started ok. It has since been removed so that he can enable it. Therefore I cannot (at this moment) answer the question.
k690bpp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no probs, i spoke to tomtom tech this morning and he said that each phone mem card has subtle differences on it and thats why the spvc500's upgrade card won't work in a nokia 6630 and vica versa.

so the only option is to buy the upgrade for a 6630 but seeing as though i'm only entitled to one upgrade i'm a bit stuck at the moment but i have asked tomtom to let me buy another upgrade i just hope they agree.

cheers.
k690bpp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

update: tomtom have said i can buy the 6630ttm5 upgrade but at the moment its NOT available!!!

so how are you guys/gals running ttm5 on 6630's if its not out for it yet?
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said running the correct Mem CD and copied the data from one card to another.. Checky and probably not legal, but as I (my friend owns the licence), surely I can move it from one phone to another without issue...
k690bpp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomtom have said that the ttm5 software won't work on the 6630 but you've got it working somehow.

which phone was the mem card for, that you copied? i know for a fact the c500 mem card doesn't work on a 6630 but which one does?

thanks.
Swampylee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get it working. Just order a Symbian upgrade and then you can copy the files from the MMC card to the Dual Voltage one (via your PC - make sure you have show all hidden / system files turned on).

It doesn't work for you because you are trying to run a Windows Smartphone application on a Symbian phone.

I'd just go for the S60 (Nokia 6600) upgrade which is supplied on RS-MMC so as long as you have a memory card reader that can read MMC then your away!

Regards, Lee

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: