Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - XDA2s Keyboard
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

XDA2s Keyboard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trigger
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: XDA2s Keyboard Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Wrote the following to TOMTOM

Quote:
Dear Mr.T.Tom

I have an o2 XDA2s

1) The installer of TTNAV5 gives me the option to install post codes to main memory, SD card or internal backup store. However the full postcode selection only works if I place the post code file into main memory. On my Pocket PC this consumes about 25% of my machines total memory. Please fix this so that I can locate the Post Code file on the SD card with the map data and free up the wasted resources.

2) TTNAV5 does not fully support my hardware keyboard, when I try to enter numerics the function key used generates foreign characters with TTNAV5 - please fix this. It sometimes works (when accessing the full post codes for example) but not always.

3) Because my Pocket PC has a hardware keyboard SOME areas of TTNAV5 do not give me the option of selecting a soft keyboard. It appears that the code which displays the soft keyboard icon checks for a hard keyboard and if present is disabled. I never use the hard keyboard on my PPC as it is too fiddly and furthermore - when the PPC is in its cradle and I am navigating in car I have to remove it from the cradle to use the hard keyboard whereas in TTNAV3 I could simply use the soft keyboard in cradle. Also removing the PPC from its cradle disconnects my wired GPS receiver! all very frustrating...especially when the hard keyboard is not correctly supported. The strange thing is that in other areas TTNAV5 automatically assumes I wish to use the soft keyboard ... odd logic there.

All together an excellent piece of software with 3 irritating little bugs which I trust you will fix as soon as possible.

Recived this back today

Quote:
Dear Mr Littleton,

Thank you for your feedback

1. Our software developers are looking into this at the moment.

2./3 The software is detecting that there is an external keyboard.
This has been passed to our development team for them to investigate, At present we do not have a solution for this.
As soon as we do have a solution it will be posted on our support website.
In the meantime we thank you for your patience.

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team

Customer 23/06/2005 11.16 PM
[/quote]
Quote:

mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the club i am looking at reverting to tt3 as the vs5 interface is useless on the XDAIIs, not impressed at all,but at least vs5 allow
the bt headset to work, but not fully with bt gps unit - mi
e
Trigger
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ihave no prob with TT5 just dont like using hard keyboard.

But can put up with it for a bit

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: