Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Extracting POI Data?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Extracting POI Data?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
youngun
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Extracting POI Data? Reply with quote

Not sure where is the best place for this put here goes.

I bought a Acer N35 with Destinator, and overall I'm happy with Destinator but after good reviews I now have got TomTom 5 as well. I have read about some of the faults with TT5 but I still like the way it works and especially the display when driving which I think is better than Destinator.

But Destinator has the major advantage of a very good POI databse which I surpising use a lot, including Museums, Sports Stadiums etc etc. Now TT5 has a few basics ie Airports, Petrol Stations.

So my question is can I some how export the POI Database to work in TT5, then I feel I would have the best of both worlds. If not I'm unsure what system I am going to use in the long term Confused
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legally you are not permitted to do that. The POI data is owned by NavTEQ and only licensed to you through HSTC. You are not allowed to extract the data and re-use it elsewhere.

What you can do, however, is collect your own set of POI data, and use that instead of the built in POIs.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: