Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Request for Beta-Testers for a golfers application
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Request for Beta-Testers for a golfers application

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mCaddy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Request for Beta-Testers for a golfers application Reply with quote

I have developed a new GPS application that enables golfers to get accurate yardages using their existing GPS-enabled Pocket PC (or Windows powered Smartphone).

There are no extra bells and whistles to get bogged down with at the moment, just a simple to use application to help you get the best out of your golf game.

I am currently looking for beta-testers to test the application in-the-field (so to speak) and in return, I'll give you a 50% reduction on the price once it goes on sale.

If you are interested in helping with this beta-test, please send the following details to beta-test@mcaddy.co.uk:

Name

Golf Club Member (if yes, where?

If not, courses you play most often

How often you play

PDA/Smartphone details

GPS Hardware details

Thanks

Paul Hulatt
mCaddy
LiveLifeGoJump
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But will anyone come forward & admit they play golf Laughing

I've alway said there's noone more sad tha someone who enjoys golf, enjoys, gardennig or enjoys washing cars except someone who enjoys all three Laughing Laughing

Still, it's a funny old world.

Hope you get your beta testers.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: Request for Beta-Testers Reply with quote

mCaddy wrote:
I am currently looking for beta-testers to test the application in-the-field (so to speak) and in return, I'll give you a 50% reduction on the price once it goes on sale. Thanks Paul Hulatt - mCaddy

I have done beta testing for 5 different companies (and still do - have done this 11 times so far in the last 2 years), all have a forum for the testers to report bugs if and when found, and also a FTP site to log into to get the latest versions as the software progressed, but ALL provided a full version of the software to the beta testers after final release, and the software ranged from £19.99 up to £59.99
mCaddy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply's guys (well, not sure about yours LiveLifeGoJump! Wink).

I would love to be able to give a full copy to each and every beta-tester but I am not a big multi-national company. I am also not limiting this test to 1 or 2, I would like to get a high number of testers with a broad range of equipment so that the software can truly be as useful (and bug free!!) as possible.

As an added incentive, I will run a prize draw at the end of the test and 5 lucky testers will receive a full copy.

Regards

Paul
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Paul

Three of the companies that I do this for started with their first product, they are just one off small Flight Simulation companies, the other two have been around for 6-7 years.

The number of beta testers that registered on the forums at each company averaged about 17 for each product test, apart from the main software it'self, we reported on things like did it install correctly, did it uninstall correctly, did it remove all menu items and folders, if it was a product that required a registration code did it work ok, did an update to a product install correctly, etc.

Will your product run on Pocket PC 2002/3/SE, and now Windows Mobile 5 etc.

Lots to think about !

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: