Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Palm PDA-based incar GPS for Northern Ireland
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Palm PDA-based incar GPS for Northern Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hibbyni
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Palm PDA-based incar GPS for Northern Ireland Reply with quote

Hi,

I would like to set up an incar system incorporating an everyday Palm OS PDA (say, TH55 or T3) and unsure what to go for.

Due to budget constraints I have been looking at a Clie TH55 with GPS cradle or a T3 with wired or bluetooth GPS and TomTom3.

However, my concern is that the software will not cover Northern Ireland well as I am told tha until recently this was the case with certain types of mapping software.

I'd prefer to buy a TH55 as I'd like to have wi-fi capability, but I'd be willing to go for a T3 if it (the software provided) is a much better performer in NI's cities and major towns.

Or (bearing in mind that I'd like to stay with Palm OS) I'm open to advice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I don't want to buy a system which isn't suitable for NI, especially since I'm buying off eBay and would then need to sell the system again in the same way.

Thanks again
perplexed
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Maps for NI. Reply with quote

Hi
I have tried both TomTom3 and Navigon 4 and both only do major roads for N.Ireland. I would not recommend either. Why not go into Halfords and ask for a free demo to check it out for yourself?
BB695
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been able to find anything that gives coverage outside Belfast. Even the 'major roads' are fairly sketchy, and at least a couple of years old. (Had a look at the one in Halfords - the guy was demoing it and asked me my address. I gave it to him. He played about for a couple of minutes and asked me for an address nearer the town centre Rolling Eyes
vic106
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi m8
been to halfords yesterday and got a demo of the medion pna 100.very impressed with this unit, it has navtec maps which cover ireland as well as uk. i was looking for bangor co down coverage and this unit displayed bangor no problem. which ever unit you decide on the navtec mapping software is the only software that has ireland coverage.hope this helps.

regards............ vic Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: