Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Can we use ASN on 5.1 yet?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Can we use ASN on 5.1 yet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buckman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Can we use ASN on 5.1 yet? Reply with quote

I have the TTG classic with v5.1 - can we use the ASN yet?

I was told that we should disable it in the earlier versions but heard nothing about the new v5 and now the v5.1?

Anyone using it? i have tried it but not really sure what im looking for?

PS: May sound a little thick but for the ASN to be ON does the logo have to be crossed or un-crossed? Embarassed i know that sounds obvious but i think the way the TTG is set out its the opposite of what you think - now im really confused and am gonna lie down Rolling Eyes
Jim-Bob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always used ASN in V4.42, V5 and V5.1 it has always seemed to work fine for me.

The ASN logo with the cross means turn off ASN. So if you see this ASN is on.
Wonderwall
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anything it seems to work better in 5.10 I went through a long bendy tunnel in Birmingham the other day and it was spot on.....Really good..
carl_w
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. The ASN seems to "hang on" a lot longer in 5.x than it did before. With the previous version, it seemed to ASN for around 10-15 seconds. Now I reckon it's closer to a minute. I recently managed to do nearly the whole length of the Dartford Tunnel before it dropped out of ASN.
Zuke
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I recall, early TTG users reported that ASN originally worked well, but was found to have problems after version 4.4x upgrades. This was when advice to turn it off was posted. Reliable updates from Dutch users have stated that in the v5 upgrades TT have corrected ASN problems.

Mine gets right through the Dartford Tunnel, including the spoken lane change warnings while ASN is active. The transfer back to the satellite signal also seems smoother now. In my experience, ASN works best with an external antenna. It is not a solution for a unit getting poor attenuated signals from the internal aerial.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: