Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom 5 does it really include street level maps of Europe
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom 5 does it really include street level maps of Europe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djohnson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Tom Tom 5 does it really include street level maps of Europe Reply with quote

IF you go to http://www.tomtom.com/shop/upgrade.php?action=pda&TT=cf it says the following:-

"TomTom offers you the opportunity to benefit from TomTom NAVIGATOR 5's new and improved software and the industry's most up-to date street level map data for all of Europe."

Now, from what my eyes read, this statement says that Tom Tom 5 includes street level maps for all of Europe. That's right. Street level maps.

But I'm betting it doesn't. Any takers?
jonmat
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly looks like it does by what they have said, I ordered my upgrade last night so will just have to wait and see. They do say something about it being the best upgrade ever so I wouldn't be surprised if it does.
radavis
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See the topic "Europe maps in Tomtom 5".

I had the same question and TomTom said the upgrade does enclose the Western Europe maps, which are to street level detail.

Not sure about the retails version, as the link you include is just for the upgrade.

Raymond
jonmat
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it only refers to the upgrade as the full version of TT 5 at www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk only states GB maps. This would make the upgrade price of €59 +shipping very good value indeed.
djohnson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've ordered it. Will post answer when I get it up and running.
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Tom Tom 5 does it really include street level maps of Eu Reply with quote

djohnson wrote:
IF you go to http://www.tomtom.com/shop/upgrade.php?action=pda&TT=cf it says the following:-

"TomTom offers you the opportunity to benefit from TomTom NAVIGATOR 5's new and improved software and the industry's most up-to date street level map data for all of Europe."

Now, from what my eyes read, this statement says that Tom Tom 5 includes street level maps for all of Europe. That's right. Street level maps.

It says street level data is available for the whole of Europe. It doesn't say it's included in the package.
djohnson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Tom Tom 5 does it really include street level maps of Eu Reply with quote

MarkHewitt wrote:
djohnson wrote:

It says street level data is available for the whole of Europe. It doesn't say it's included in the package.

I can't see it saying anywhere about it being an available option. How could somebody reading that assume it was an available option? In fact, at the very top of the page it says, "A VERY SPECIAL MAP OFFER!"

Why make a point of saying that it's a very special map offer if it only included just major roads? Tom Tom 3 includes all major roads anyway.

I’ll set the record straight when I get the package this week.
radavis
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I wrote in the post above, I asked TomTom about whether the maps of Western Europe were included in the upgarde and the answer I got was

"Dear Mr Davis,

Thank you for your e-mail.
The Maps of Western Europe are included in the upgrade for 59 euros.

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team"

I take that to mean the maps are door to door as are the ones I bought for £100 or more last year.

I think that is clear enough!
djohnson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radavis wrote:
As I wrote in the post above, I asked TomTom about whether the maps of Western Europe were included in the upgarde and the answer I got was

"Dear Mr Davis,

Thank you for your e-mail.
The Maps of Western Europe are included in the upgrade for 59 euros.

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team"

I take that to mean the maps are door to door as are the ones I bought for £100 or more last year.

I think that is clear enough!

So you did. Which is great news then Laughing
eqcons
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TT upgrade site is very clear that the European maps come with the upgrade, but I wonder if perhaps you need to pay to activate them when they arrive, if you didn't have them previously with TT3, since they certainly are not included in the retail full version of TT5...... horrifying thought! praps somebody could let us know when their upgrade eventually arrives?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: