Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Maps of Western Europe Activation problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Maps of Western Europe Activation problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djohnson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Maps of Western Europe Activation problems Reply with quote

Anybody come across this?

I've been using TomTom Navigator 3 with traffic plugin version 3.07T and it's been working fine.

I just purchased Maps of Western Europe. After I installed just one map today (Spain) and went to switch the map and was asked to enter an activation code. I followed the URL link provided in this activation screen and entered the product code (which was included with the maps of western europe) into the field provided. When I click next, It says "xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx" (my code) is a correct product code for TomTom Map 2005 Western Europe Add-on. This product can no longer be activated.

So now I'm totally stuck with a useless product which I need like now to be working as I'm about to travel in Spain for the first time straight from the airport.

Anyway, anybody come across this very very annoying problem?
SteveW
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you bought them from new, or are the second hand?

Steve
k3-dude
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mate i did just the same thing last week after about 6 emails on there website ' support they gave me a different product code to try and guess what !. worked first time i was about to send them back as spending 100 quid on them and finding out i couldnt activate them realy p*ssed me off . send them a few emails detailing everthing you have tried and they will do the same im sure .
djohnson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. At least I know it's not just me. Pi$%ed off would be an understatement. Livid more like. After just spending £100 as you say.

I've sent them an email but will be onto them this morning on the phone about it.

IN reply to the other post, this is a new product first time use.
djohnson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Tom Tom support hang the phone on their customers Reply with quote

Contacted TomTom customer support on 0845 1610009 and this is what you get

"Welcome to TomTom. Please hold the line and you will be transferrred to a customer support agent. If you have a questions regarding the availabilty of tomtom products, please press 1."

After a short pause you get another message saying,

"All our technical support lines are currently occuppied. We apologise for the inconvenience. Please call back at a later time."

And that's it. The phone is then hung up. What a total sham and a waste of customers time and money!! I'm well pi%^ed off big time!!!!!!! If there's nothing that angers me more is being told to call back. I don't think so TomTom support.

As if I'm gonna keep dialling their number and waste money each time I connect. You'd think they have some sort of queing system at least.

:x Message to the director of TomTom. Get your act together because your well pi%^ing off your customers. Don't give us recorded messages saying that you apologise, because theirs no sincerity in this whatsoever. It just annoys the hell out of people. If you can't deal with people calling you then give us some honesty by telling us you don't have enough support staff and don't bother advertising support numbers if they mean nothing.
Meester-Martinho
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Tom Tom support hang the phone on their customers Reply with quote

its a pain but at the moment tomtom are getting swamped by people asking when all the new kit is coming out and just what is the difference between the 300 500 700 nav 5

there is another number for tomtom on the board somewhere although i think its just the same call centre

djohnson wrote:
Contacted TomTom customer support on 0845 1610009 and this is what you get

"Welcome to TomTom. Please hold the line and you will be transferrred to a customer support agent. If you have a questions regarding the availabilty of tomtom products, please press 1."

After a short pause you get another message saying,

"All our technical support lines are currently occuppied. We apologise for the inconvenience. Please call back at a later time."

And that's it. The phone is then hung up. What a total sham and a waste of customers time and money!! I'm well pi%^ed off big time!!!!!!! If there's nothing that angers me more is being told to call back. I don't think so TomTom support.

As if I'm gonna keep dialling their number and waste money each time I connect. You'd think they have some sort of queing system at least.

:x Message to the director of TomTom. Get your act together because your well pi%^ing off your customers. Don't give us recorded messages saying that you apologise, because theirs no sincerity in this whatsoever. It just annoys the hell out of people. If you can't deal with people calling you then give us some honesty by telling us you don't have enough support staff and don't bother advertising support numbers if they mean nothing.
ChrisDev
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hit exactly the same problem today. Bought the maps from Amazon and get exactly the same error message. I've emailed support, and await their reply.

I have to say tho, it has spoilt my TomTom experience, and after such good customer service from Amazon too!!
djohnson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did manage to get a response the very next day via their email support service. They gave me a new activation code which worked. But I did have to send a pretty firm email to get a quick response. I response on the telephone would have been better as it would have resolved my problem of driving in Spain before I actually ended up on Spanish roads without navigation for a day.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: