Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman Pin SmartSt V3 Help plz
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman Pin SmartSt V3 Help plz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve-TT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Navman Pin SmartSt V3 Help plz Reply with quote

Hi i own i Navman Pin Mio Digi walker having today upgraded from Version 2 to 3 i have tried to import the POI data base i first used the single file, which seems to work ok so no problems there, however it seems very limited as it does not indicate what type of camera or speed.

Is there away with this model/software that I can use all the data bases that indicate speed in the area or whether its a traffic light camera/redlight, i would like to use zoned csv files or i can my machine only use the single file as this is only giving me notice that there is a camera and not telling me much else.

Lastly is there any sites that have good wav files for audibal indications as i only get a bleeping and the wav files that come with the files dont sound to good when it says gatso.

Many thanks

Steve
Steve-TT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Navman Pin SmartSt V3 Help plz Reply with quote

Steve-TT wrote:
Hi i own i Navman Pin Mio Digi walker having today upgraded from Version 2 to 3 i have tried to import the POI data base i first used the single file, which seems to work ok so no problems there, however it seems very limited as it does not indicate what type of camera or speed.

Is there away with this model/software that I can use all the data bases that indicate speed in the area or whether its a traffic light camera/redlight, i would like to use zoned csv files or i can my machine only use the single file as this is only giving me notice that there is a camera and not telling me much else.

I seem to a csv folder, and then a zoned csv folder and also single file and could someone explain the difference or point me in the right direction to info as i can only use the single file.

Lastly is there any sites that have good wav files for audibal indications as i only get a bleeping and the wav files that come with the files dont sound to good when it says gatso.

Many thanks

Steve
Steve-TT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Navman Pin SmartSt V3 Help plz Reply with quote

Steve-TT wrote:

I seem to a csv folder, and then a zoned csv folder and also single file and could someone explain the difference or point me in the right direction to info as i can only use the single file.

Many thanks

Steve
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Yes you can use the individual files.
Using the POI Editor, import each of the .csv files after converting them.

pocketgps_uk_gatso_20.csv to pocketgps_uk_gatso_70.csv
pocketgps_uk_mobile_20.csv to pocketgps_uk_mobile_70.csv
pocketgps_uk_specs.csv
pocketgps_uk_temp.csv
pocketgps_uk_redlight.csv

Rremember to use the different .bmp icons for each file or they will still all look the same.

Also note that whatever sound you choose (you can use any .wav file as long as you name it cosmicle.wav) you will get the same sound warning for all of them.
TomTom GO
Anquet OS mapping
Steve-TT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Navman Pin SmartSt V3 Help plz Reply with quote

Ignore this
Steve-TT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Navman Pin SmartSt V3 Help plz Reply with quote

Is there anywhere that lists which files i need to use for the above machine, i cant understand the difference between them etc, i wish to use all the gatso so they indicate the speed in that area etc.

Thanks All
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The files you will require are:

In the 'speed zoned' folder, 'Gatso'' > 'csv files': use all the files.

If you want all the other cameras:
In the 'speed zoned' folder, 'Mobile' > 'csv files': use all the files.
From the 'csv files' folder use:
pocketgps_uk_specs.csv - pocketgps_uk_temp.csv - pocketgps_uk_redlight.csv

Just remember to use the .csv files for Navman software and the .bmp file of the same name. The .bmp icons are in the 'ov2 bmp files' folder but ignore the .ov2 files. Or use the icons in the 'alternative bmp files' folder.

You can ignore all the rest.

(Confused? I know what they all are and it confuses me too !!)
TomTom GO
Anquet OS mapping
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can read an explanation of the database and how it is made up here.
If your still confused after reading it PM me.
TomTom GO
Anquet OS mapping

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: