Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Palm Zire31 with Mapsonic problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Palm Zire31 with Mapsonic problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRAIGO
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Palm Zire31 with Mapsonic problem Reply with quote

Hi all, im new to this Satnav stuff so excuse my ignorance for the following post.

I seem to be having a problem with the setup of my new SatNav.
Firstly its a Palm Zire31 with a 128Meg plugin SD flashcard which has Mapsonic software on it including a Kirrio GPS Reciever. The whole package is a bundle satnav set-up.

here is my problem - I got it all working by plugging in the SD card with Mapsonic on it and installing onto the Palm etc... After plugging in the Kirrio GPS cabling and testing it all out i got a great GPS signal strength and it all worked brilliantly. Only problem is that now after 2 days of ownership it has started to say "Cannot open GPS port" when i click on "navigate" after planning a route on my palm? When i start to drive around the map just stays static and there is no GPS signal - it actually states "NO GPS" in the bottom of screen.
The Kirrio ciggy lighter has a red LED which lights up and the Kirrio GPS box also flashes, which i assume means it is receiving a signal, but the Palm isnt getting a GPS signal - Im stuck? Crying or Very sad

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks in advance,

Craig
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this may sound stupid but have you tried unplugging all the cables and connectors and replugging them in - including the connector at the bottom of the mount and the mount itself.

I would then try a soft reset on the palm.

The flashing light on the gps unit implies it has a sat lock so it must be a problem with the signal getting through to the palm.

Ian
elan2s
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also check the GPS Parameters menu (under File) to check that the GPS is "Activated" and set 4800 sometimes it can decide to reset itself.

Assuming you have just purchased this and therefore it is v2.5 you may want to go to the viaMichelin website, register the product and upgrade it v3. The new interface seems much better
CRAIGO
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive now self taught what i need from this unit and im quite pleased with it now.
The port wouldnt open due to the memory becoming full due to the map being too big in file size. ive now just loaded England onto it and i can plan maps from manchester to Brighton with it the memory becoming full. :D If it gets full you need to reset the palm by sticking a pin in the back and that opens the GPS port again in mapsonic. Bit of a pain, but hopefully it shouldnt do it again.

BTW, my copy of the software states version 2.5 on the packet, but when loaded it says its actually version 3.5. Any ideas Laughing Out Loud???? Confused 8O
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you register the 2.5 version you have you get a download address and password for v3 (which is reported on my palm as 4.5 - in the palm info list)

Ian

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: