Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Am I stuck with paper maps of Australia?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Am I stuck with paper maps of Australia?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickiv
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Am I stuck with paper maps of Australia? Reply with quote

OK, I'm breathing deeply now, but still in somewhat of a panic mode. I just can't live without my GPS!!, sigh, but it looks like I will have to when I visit Australia in May. I already know I will be trying to drive on the wrong side of the street, and my windshield wipers will come on every time I signal for a turn, but no GPS to guide me,...it just can't be!
Here's the problem:
I have SmartSt V2 on my PIN, with North America maps. I can't find Australian V2 maps because they are out of production and no one seems to have any lying around. Someone was nice enough to give me the V3 maps, but my V2 software won't recognize them, and I can't upgrade to a NA V3 version because it's not available (supposed to be in production, but no one has them). The only possible way to use my Navman PIN in Australia is to buy the Australian V3 for about $400 (I have to buy it there because they won't ship to the US)and then reinstall my NA V2 when I return. I can't see doing that for a 3-week trip. Alas, I like money slightly more than I like my GPS

If someone has an idea how to get SmartSt V2 for a PIN to recognize V3 maps I would sure like to hear it, or a place to buy a U.S. version V3 in a hurry. G'day mates (see, I'm trying to think Ozi)
Apollo GX65
solrom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Am I stuck with paper maps of Australia? Reply with quote

Wich part of Australia do you go?I do have Australia maps for SmartSt V2 but I dont know if you can copy them on your SD card because you have US version.All we can do is try.contact me on solrom67@hotmail.com
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's rumoured TomTom will have Australia maps for their next release, but probably not in time for your trip Sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: