Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - putting maps onto sd/mmc cards
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

putting maps onto sd/mmc cards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonyhughes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: putting maps onto sd/mmc cards Reply with quote

hi when i try putting more than 1 map onto a card it will only read 1 map i have 256 and 512 mb cards so there is plenty of space . if you look at card through actisyc it shows the maps as being on the card . im using a medion thanks for help
Steveg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tony

Welcome to the forums - With the greatest of respect we need a tad more info to be able to help you on this one I'm afraid.

What software and hardware are you using with your Medion? (and for that matter which model is it?)

The more info you can supply the more likely you are to get an answer to help you

Cheers

Steve
tonyhughes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a mdpna100 using medion navigator 4.3 with warner poi
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have youu tried an sd card reader and copying the file directly

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
tonyhughes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes tried that file explorer says the maps are there but inmedion navigator it will only find 1 set of maps
bigbob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tony
I also own the MDPNA100. When you start the medion nav up from programs you have to select map and then chose which map to load off of your SD card. It is worth getting a card read/writer as using active sync is painfully slow, at the moment I have the 256 card which has UK on it and a 512 which I have north of France/Switzerland Austria and north part of Italy. I don't know if you realise that you have to switch maps if you go over borders i.e if you were travelling from Calais to Koblenz you would have to switch maps on the medion once you get a chance over the German border. The Austria Swiss map also has most of Germany on it which is a help and means you can navigate within these countrys without switching maps.
Hope this is some help
Bob
tonyhughes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes real;ise that thats the problem wont change maps as not showing them in medion navigator just trying to work out what ive done
bigbob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tony
The only thing that you might have done is created folders on the SD card and put your maps in a folder if you have done this I don't think that the Medion prog will read within a folder. The way I have set up the PC is I have created a folder on C drive and called it Medion Nav and then copied the contents of both Navigator cd's into this folder, this saves time having to put the CD's in the PC everytime you want to make maps or plan routes it seems to run quicker this way however it is very slow if you select a part of a country or a route to convert into a map but not as slow if you were converting from the CD I must admit that I don't understand why it takes so long because if you select the whole country to convert it takes about 2 seconds but if you select part of a country to make a customised map it can take up to an hour depending how big an area you select.
When the Med export prog has finnished making the custom map I save it to a folder I have made in my documents and when I am ready I copy the map and paste it drect onto the SD card which is in my USB card reader.
Sorry for the long winded reply but this works for me every time.

cheers Bob
tonyhughes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for help will try

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: