Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Can't see POI's in Medion Navigator 4
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't see POI's in Medion Navigator 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mick777
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Can't see POI's in Medion Navigator 4 Reply with quote

I have installed POI-Warner to use with the Medion MD95000 and I can't see any camera POIs. I went to the website http://www.sim98.freeserve.co.uk/AMN/index.htm and followed the instructions to a tee but still no luck. The POIs are in both the Navigator map and the POI-Warner/POIS folders but still no joy. The POIs have been converted to ascii files to work with Navigator. The only POIs I can see are Navigators original ones. Does anyone know what the yellow ones are or which file includes their POIs and if so can it be opened to look at. I have got Checkpoint working with TomTom 3 but I also like to use Navigator 4 as well.
Thank, any help appreciated.
mick777
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a follow up to my previous message, is it possible to just put POIs into Medion Navigator folder and not have POI-Warner installed as i'm not too bothered about actually being warned when a POI gets near.
unclebill
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: md95000 pois Reply with quote

Hi mick777
Can't help you , but I also am trying to put pois into medion navigator. I have french "aires de service" in ascii , don't have poi warner , used checkpoint for speedcams in tt3 and uk maps , just need to put the french pois into the french navigator map. Both maps are on 1 sd card.Used poiedit to put pois into medion storage card , following the freeserve AME instructions , but not sure if i got the right destination address , the default was the gb map.Also copied the files into the "aldi" folder in medion and the poi folder in mobile device. In short i have ascii pois everywhere but the right place , and i don't know enough to get into the medion navigator to try to sort it , also bear in mind that my old brain is past its sell by date so i need easy to follow instructions. Help anyone?
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello mick777

Start POI-Warner, then on the POI-Manager tab tap the POI-Settings, then select Overlay settings, then at the top of the screen you will see a box on the right with +/- tap that box and you can then active the poi's, you may also need to do that on the Acoustic alert settings.

You need to then select EACH type of poi, and configure it, just doing it for say the gatso's will not do it for any other.

Just a note, you only need to put the poi files into the pois folder within the POIWarner MN4-Edition folder.

If this does not work then try transferring them again to the correct folder, sometimes the files don't transfer correctly.

Regards

PocketGps
mick777
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Unclebill.
Looks like we are both in the same boat. I have seen somewhere that the POIs have to be converted to .asc files (which I have done) and put in the map folder for Medion Navigator (which I have done) and the maps still do not see the POIs. As far as configuring the POIs in POI-Warner, all the POIs have been selected, activated and configured o be seen as well as heard , but nothing!!! Is there a way of just seeing the POIs in Navigator if I uninstall POI-Warner?
unclebill
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mick
I think we agree that you do need a piece of software to generate the correct files and extensions to go into the medion map folder , just putting the asci pois into the map folder doesn't work for me in the medion md95000. I didn't want to buy poiwarner because I am not interested in the speedcams in France , I only need campsite pois for 3 weeks of the year. Anyway if you look at the latest free downloads from www.mini4inis.com and follow the thread in the NaviFriends forum about vesion 2.8 for medion-navigator you will see someone getting to grips with the md95000. I am going to give this a try later , there is also a topic in this forum refering to mini4inis.
You mentioned the yellow icons in the medion pois , they are Post offices in the UK and PTT post/public telephone offices in Europe.
Bill
unclebill
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After several attempts , with lots of searching in French and German forums , have found a download in www.MotorhomeFacts.com containing French Aires (motorhome service/campsites) in a format that was easy to add to my medion-navigator pois. If anyone is interested have a look in motorhomefacts forums , Pois .I have put some details there.(strings).
BEELEY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Unclebill. Have looked at Motorhomefacts.com but cannot find details of adding POI's to Medion Navigator 4.3

I can find no *.ov2 or *.asc files on the pocket PC. Can you suggest which format the POI's should be in and the directory they should be added to please? I just want to add a few supermarkets so do not want to subscribe to the full poiwarner setup.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: