Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Rikaline x50 and ipaq 4150 probs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Rikaline x50 and ipaq 4150 probs

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stussy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Rikaline x50 and ipaq 4150 probs Reply with quote

Hi, newbie alert :-)

I've got an ipaq 4150 and TomTom3, and have just bought (from ebay) a Rikaline x50 gps unit. I can't find ANY reference to this device - is it known by another model no?

The short story - I can't get it to do much. The device is found by BT manager on the ipaq, and I can connect to it. I have turned off 'authorisation' and 'authentication'. There is some bundled software that is supposed to be able to autodetect the com port on the device, but this fails on ALL ports, some just say 'None', some say 'Open failed'. The lights on the GPS are as they are described in the manual - solid red for 'acquiring satellites' and flashing blue for the bluetooth connection.

If I run TT3 GPS, nothing happens. However if I change the settings to almost anything involving com6, I get the dots running from one icon to the other - all other settings do nothing. What is supposed to be happening?!

I know this is a pants description of my problems, but I'm tearing my hair out, so any help would be appreciated!!

Cheers

Mike
stussy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An addition to the above - I'm not 100% sure the receiver is working as per the manual. If I turn it on outside, the red light flashes, then goes solid, apparently this means 'inquiring'. However long I stand outside for, it never turns to a blinking red light, which means 'position fixed'. Am I right in thinking the ipaq is irrelevant here, and I should be able to get a fix with the receiver anyway?

Cheers

Mike
stussy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All fixed. The test program that comes with the receiver is rubbish. Using it in the real world is much more effective a test...

If anyone else buys one, the way I setup TT3 on the x50 and ipaq 4150 was:

Turn receiver on.

Turn on bluetooth on ipaq.

Discover the BT GPS device, add SPP slave.

Connect to the BT GPS.

Run TT3 GPS prog. Take the tick out of the box so you can change the default settings, then change to 'Tom Tom Wireless' in the top, 'Bluetooth serial port COM6:' in the bottom. Replace tick.

You should then get the dots running between the icons on the status screen, also the bluetooth manager should show 125 bytes out, and a rising data value in.

Run TT3 and all should be OK.

Mike
garytrinder
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: Rikaline x50 anyone got a manual Reply with quote

Help another newbie alert

I too have just purchased on Ebay, a Rikaline x50. There was no manual in the box and I am struggling to get it to work with my SPV C500 and TomTom software.

I have managed to pair the devices and I get a flashing red light on the x50 however when I go into configure GPS within the TomTom settings it states GPS Device not found (or something like that). I have tried using Comm port 6 and 7 and still get the same problem.

Any assistance, including a photo copy of someones manual (or PDF/word if you have it might help).
Regards
Gary Trinder
Please PM me if you don't want to post, my email is Gary@Trinder.com
stussy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I'll mail you over the manual tonight, I'm at work at the mo. It's not very helpful though!

The way I got mine to work is as above, but the important thing was to find out which port your pda is using - TT then needs to know the same. Luckily the TT side is MUCH better at letting you know when it is OK.

What is a SPV C500, and what OS does it run?
rikaline_uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only the tomotm bluetooth receiver works on the Tomtom Mobile software unless you have an unlocked version of the Tomtom Mobile software.

Tomtom mobile is different to tomtom navigator 3 which does work with most GPS receivers available.

Thanks
garytrinder
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to you both.

The SPV C500 is a mobile phone from Orange. Mine is unlocked and currently running on a vodafone pay-as-u-go SIM.

It runs on Windows CE. The manual for the x50 would be really helpful.

Looks like I'm going to be visiting Emule again, to get the TomTom software unlocked.

Technology is wonderful. That's two nights my wife won't see me as I spend the evening on the I web phone in one hand and the other hand furiously typing Smile
garytrinder
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's good news and bad news....

The good news is that I have found the software that unlocks TomTom Mobile to work with all Bluetooth GPS devices.

The bad news is that I now have to pay the wife some attention Embarassed

Seriously though, if anyone reads this forum and wants the software, (removed - DavidW - the TomTom Traffic update is only available from My TomTom for those who subscribe to TomTom Traffic and TomTom do not make it available otherwise).

Regards
stussy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you sorted it, do you still want the manual? Was a little busy last night, never made it to the PC for a decent length of time!
garytrinder
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The manual would be handy if you get time, no mad rush though.

Have you used your GPS on the bike yet? I've got a K1200RS and I'm thinking of putting the GPS unit and SPV in the top of the tank bag next time I go out.

Regards
stussy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, PM me your email address - the file is only 1.3mb.

I've had the gps out on the bike, but my oxford tankbag has the most amazingly reflective clear plastic map pouch I've ever seen - you couldn't see a thing. For my trip to france I'm either going to make a mount for the ipaq, or secure it to the outside of the tankbag.

There's a really good piece of software called vitesse limite that I mentioned in another post - it has a good, clear speed indicator, and also a really nice journey stats feature - tells you average speed, average speed without stops, and the all important 'max speed reached' which will be great for trackdays - I don't want to see my speed while riding, but it's nice to know at the end of the day what you hit.
stussy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dur just seen your address further up - will mail it now.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reference to Emule file sharing earlier in this thread is of concern - I noticed this on returning to the thread after I'd already edited out an offer of a TomTom Traffic patch other than in accordance with TomTom's policy (which is that Traffic patches are only available from My TomTom for those with an active TomTom Traffic subscription).

The policy of Pocket GPS World is that we do not condone or support the use of software other than in accordance with copyright law and licence agreements.

After conferring with another moderator, it seems best that this thread is locked with this explanation. Anyone is free to start a new thread for discussion of any topic that has come in this thread, and I apologise for stifling discussion on the many good points in this thread.

However, mention of obtaining or using software other than in accordance with the copyright holder's wishes is not permitted in the forums. No user who has purchased a licence to use TomTom software should have to resort to file sharing networks.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: