Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - This software is driving me mad!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

This software is driving me mad!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrchips
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: This software is driving me mad! Reply with quote

I have only had Navigator 3 for a couple of days during which I have 'played' around with it to try to understand how it all works ... I don't find the instructions particularly helpful.

A couple of things:- (for starters)

I live on a road leading to a cul-de-sac, with a road across the end in a sort of 'T'. Navigator insists on sending me into the cul-de-sac, turn round, and come back down the road, past my house!
How can I get this off please. The end of the cul-de-sac doesn't appear in the ’favourites’ or ‘recent locations’.
I do notice that the ‘home’ entry says that I am heading North West whereas I would have to go South East to go out directly, rather than down the cul-de-sac (does any of this make sense?)

Also Recent Locations .... these seem to have burgeoned into loads of entries. I think it is because I have touched the screen to get to tools, and the 'memorize position' icon is right behind.
How do I get rid of these unwanted memorized positions please?

Is there a manual that is supposed to come with this software?

I wouldn't say that I am getting desperate over these items, but they are making my head hurt!
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: This software is driving me mad! Reply with quote

mrchips wrote:
I have only had Navigator 3 for a couple of days during which I have 'played' around with it to try to understand how it all works ... I don't find the instructions particularly helpful.

A couple of things:- (for starters)

I live on a road leading to a cul-de-sac, with a road across the end in a sort of 'T'. Navigator insists on sending me into the cul-de-sac, turn round, and come back down the road, past my house!
How can I get this off please. The end of the cul-de-sac doesn't appear in the ’favourites’ or ‘recent locations’.

If you know this is a bug, don't drive that way :p. Navigation isn't really for finding your way in streets you already know well Smile

Quote:

I do notice that the ‘home’ entry says that I am heading North West whereas I would have to go South East to go out directly, rather than down the cul-de-sac (does any of this make sense?)

No it makes no sense at all??! Your home location is just the first favourite, it has no direction.

Quote:

Also Recent Locations .... these seem to have burgeoned into loads of entries. I think it is because I have touched the screen to get to tools, and the 'memorize position' icon is right behind.
How do I get rid of these unwanted memorized positions please?

I don't believe you can, they just drop off the end of the list.

Quote:

Is there a manual that is supposed to come with this software?

I wouldn't say that I am getting desperate over these items, but they are making my head hurt!

There is a manual, it's on the CD. It's very weak tho Sad.
mrchips
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mark, for taking the time to help me.
I agree about not driving down roads that I know aren’t correct, but I was trying to gain some level of confidence for when I don’t know the roads. I would like to understand why it sends me down the wrong road and then tell me to turn round and go back! Could TT3 believe that it has been asked by me to stop off there on the journey? ……, and if I did, how did I do it so I can undo it?

Does anyone know whether TomTom actually produce a reasonable manual … or could I get one from ‘a good bookshop’ … if such manuals exist?
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom will only stop you off on that street if you have a planned stop on your itinery there. That will show up on the map as a yellow flag. If there is no yellow flag there there is definitely a bug in the maps or the routing.

As far as I know the only TomTom manual which exists is that which is on the CD.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing to do with all these programs is sit down and experiment with various different routes and all the various options such as Itineraries and avoid areas.

There's no manual beyond that on the CD (which is really just a 'get you started' manual) and the typical Pocket PC Help (Start Menu -> Help), which doesn't provide much more of help.

There's lots of good information already in the forums; don't forget you can search through old posts using the Search button. Of course, if you find yourself with any questions, ask away; the chances are someone can help.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: