Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Buying a TTG in France
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Buying a TTG in France

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DRW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:03 am    Post subject: Buying a TTG in France Reply with quote

Just a thought, but if I buy a TTG in France, does anyone know if it's more likely to have the maps of Europe already installed, or as part of a bundle? Is a TTG as cheap in France as it is over here? Question
Sniff
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought mine in Germany. Came with maps of Germany, Austria and Switzerland on SD card, and these together with MRE on CD. I assume buying it in France means you'll get something similar (but with maps of France, obviously! Laughing ). According to the French part of Expansys, it comes with:

Maps + Software: On SD Card (256MB) - France; On CD-ROM: France, Major Roads of Europe

GO in Germany was maybe a little more expensive than the UK as far as I can tell, but I needed the German maps. Dunno about France, but checking Expansys again they list GO in France as 779 EUR and in Germany as 659 EUR, so a bit more expensive in France for some reason.

Interestingly, I bought mine from Amazon.de, but Amazon.fr doesn't list the GO....
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wherever you buy your GO it will come with maps of the region on the SD card. The Major Roads will be on the CD and will probably not fit onto the SD card.

For Germany and France the Maps are supplied on 256Mb SD cards The UK is supplied on a 128MB card. The MRE maps are about 80MB so will probably not fit onto the supplied card. A little bit of a cost saving excercise I expect which seems a little pointless now that the price of memory cards has crashed.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: