Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Loading Tom Tom Navigator onto Medion MD 95000 ??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Loading Tom Tom Navigator onto Medion MD 95000 ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goonerman1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Loading Tom Tom Navigator onto Medion MD 95000 ?? Reply with quote

After some usage and a lot of thought I am going to invest in the Tom Tom navigator software for my Mediom 95000. Now, being a complete novice i was hoping and praying that there may be some kind soul out there who can tell mestep by step exactly how to put the new software onto the PDA?? I am guessing that i will need to buy another memory card to store the tom tom on if i want to keep the supplied Medion software that came ready loaded? (can anyone recomend a supplier for the memory card?) if this has already been asked on the Forum, i apologise and maybe someone can kindly point me to the thread. I thank you in advance.

cheers!!! :-)
fingery
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to keep the data on the card supplied with the Medion as if you want to install it again everything you need is on the supplied discs.

If you want to buy another memory card anyway, you can get a 512mb one for about 30 quid from the likes of http://ebuyer.co.uk.

Have a read of the TomTom forum here....despite the fact it may be one of the most popular Sat Nav applications it's not without faults and there seems to be a whole lot of 'em in TomTom3.

I bought on of the PDA's from Aldi with the Medion software and initially intended to buy TomTom3 aswell. Luckily enough a friend has an Ipaq with it on and let it me for comparison. It's obviouslt personal preference but i'd rather stick with the Medion software at least until TomTom4 is out next year. The routing is better/more reliable and the destination lookup is better in the Medion software.
fingery
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, went a bit off topic there. If you do buy TomTom3 it's a piece of cake to install. Stick the CD in you PC, drop the PDA in your cradle and follow the prompts.
Diplo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, installing TT3 is very easy, and it comes with a manual explaining how. The GB map is around 111MB in size. You can either delete Medion Navigator and it's map data, which will leave you enough room, or get another card. I can recommend the 512MB Kingston card from eBuyer. (You could, in fact, install both the Medion and TT maps on one 512MB card as there is no reason you can't have both installed, if you want). Note you will need to set the GPS port to Serial Cable on SP2 in the TomTom GPS options screen (at least, I had to) to get the GPS to work with TT.

In my limited experience I prefer TomTom over Medion Navigator. It loads faster, runs significantly faster and the 3D display is much better. The menus are much easier to operate, especially with a stylus, and there are far more options. The POIs seem more accurate too and it's much easier to incorporate extra ones, such as speed cameras (without needing to buy 3rd party software). The routing seems OK to me, though maybe that's just for where I live (Liverpool)? It may differ in other areas.

One other suggestion would be to check out the full Navigon Navigator software (that Medion Navigator is based on). This uses different map data to the medion version (Navteq) and is supposedly more accurate and up-to-date.
goonerman1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much......... most helpful!!!!!! :-)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: