Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Playing sound from T3 through radio
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Playing sound from T3 through radio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeProcter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Playing sound from T3 through radio Reply with quote

I have a palm T3 & TT4.4. Also fitted to the car is a bluetooth phone car kit which has the sound play through the car radio.

I was wondering if there was any way that I could fit a sterio jack to the palm & link it into my bloothoth car kit, so that it goes via the speakers, interupting the radio?

Anybody any ideas?
fishd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

What car is it and did you fit the car kit yourself?

I'm looking to do a similar thing with my Mini Cooper, I fitted an Auto-Leads radio mute kit so I'm investigating if there is a way to splice it into that, I've seen that Auto-Leads do a SatNav mute kit but I'm guessing it's more or less the same thing.

Will post with what I find out...

dave.
MikeProcter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishd

I have a mondeo year 2000 mk2, and the kit was fitted by a professional fitter.

It would be great to have 'Jane' coming though the speakers interupting the CD, but the sound is generally loud enough even at motorway speeds from the T3 to hear over the CD/radio. (and it's only on 50% volume!)
T3user
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: tom tom thru car radio speakers Reply with quote

I also wanted janes voice to come thru the car speakers much like the telephone mute sytems, I tried a kit from soundlinx that was supposed to do just that, I belive its very similair to the autoleads kit, but it did not work that well as you are still using the apm built into the palm, so you do get audio in your spaeakers, but its not much better than the audio from the palm.

However, I searched around and found a kit from a company called Qubit,
As i have a business in the car telephone/ car electrics I opened an acount with them.

This equipment is great !, It will amplify the audio mute just your drivers door speaker and put jane thru it, leaving the others playing your car stereo output, so you get great audio from jane when needed but you dont lose all the stereo.

Can't reccomend this enough. :D

If you need a kit, let me know they cost £89.00
iml@vehicle-electrics.co.uk
djshades
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: T3 Speaker broadcast Reply with quote

Hi Mike, I'm sure you have the problem sorted out now but I have a possible solution if not
I currently use the sd card & slot to carry aroiund some mp3's to listen to on my T3. I do this via an FM Transmitter (aprox £15). This plugs into the headphone jack on the T3. You then select one of the 5 or 6 default FM frequencies, tune your car or anyother radio to the same freq and Bob's your uncle. I don't know if it'll work with the tomtom s/w but I see no reason why not. The only down side to this is that you can't listen to the radio if you're broadcasting GPS voices through your stereo.
I hope to be purchasing my Tomtom BT for Palm very very soon and you can bet i'll be trying it out.
Hope this helps, it's also less money than the £89 kit.javascript:emoticon('Wink')
javascript:emoticon('Wink')
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be aware that in the UK, those FM transmitters are regarded as unlicensed and unlicensable radio transmitters. As such, you're committing a criminal offence by using them, and Ofcom frown on their usage.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: