Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Special offer at Argos
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Special offer at Argos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasmac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Special offer at Argos Reply with quote

i am currently looking for a GPS system and I am considering a sleeve based receiver for my ipaq 3950. At Argos's website they are advertising Kane Gear Car Pilot at half price, now £199. Is the system worthy of my cash ?
I would appreciate any advice on GPS systems in general. I am looking for a system that is accurate, reliable and upgradeable. The ability to use it on foot would also be a bonus though not the main criteria.
Can I build a system with the best receiver and software package myself. Are there any likely conflicts between various software and hardware packages?
Thanks in advance to all the members and expect to hear more from you all in the future.
Commander
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you start by reading the reviews section of this site, both software and hardware. There is an immense amount of information available here. You should then look at the various topics for individual systems & programmes. This will give you enough info to come back with more specific questions which you will find are answered quickly by very knowledgeable people, that's how I learnt what I know. Good luck. Sat Nav is the only way to go.

Peter

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: