Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 2050/1005 Operation (Map correction preferences)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

2050/1005 Operation (Map correction preferences)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orion_jb2001
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: 2050/1005 Operation (Map correction preferences) Reply with quote

Hi all,

familarizing myself with the new 2050/1005 unit. I was talking to tomtom in Australia today and asking about map corrections both supplying and receiving. So far, using the new my tomtom, I have not seeen any such corrections nor have I seen it ask whether I want to submit the various correcetions I have made. The tt tech said you wont see any of the old methods and it is done seemlessly. Can someone advise on map corrections? At least with the old way, you had the option of declining to download any corrections etc. I think the only thing I have had an option or was told about was an application upgrade and dJwnloading aJnew map.

Jeff Confused
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look for an option for 'map correction' on your unit.
orion_jb2001
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
Look for an option for 'map correction' on your unit.

You may have misread, the option of map correction when connecting you unit to the tomtom server. I am aware of accessing map corrections on the unit. I am talking about when you use to connect with tomtom home, being offered the latest map corrections.

Jeff
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, he didn't mis-read.....

The options you are looking for ARE set up on that page on the device itself.

I have a Go1000 (functionally identical to the Go1005) and on the Map Corrections menu are three sections.

1. Correct a map Error
2. Map correction settings
3. Corrections from others

Section 3 is pointless IMO, as the question it asks is exactly the same as the first question in section 2.

But section 2 has the "trust level" settings you are looking for.

If you haven't already joined Mapshare, you are asked if you want to when you first enter that menu.

Also, you may be interested to know two more things

1. You mention connecting to "Home"... You do know that these models don't use Home at all don't you? Mapshare corrections on the new devices are meant to be shared over the SIM card connection (although there is still some doubt if it is fully working.

2. The way it works is that ALL the map corrections are downloaded to the device and it's the setting you make on the device which determines how many are used.
In that way you could switch MapShare corrections on and off, without needing to reconnect to Home.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: