Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Medion maps for France - Yes, that old chestnut...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Medion maps for France - Yes, that old chestnut...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eggbert
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Medion maps for France - Yes, that old chestnut... Reply with quote

I really need help - let's pretend that I know nothing about this sort of thing. we bought our dad a medion MDPPC250 pocket pc at Halfords with came with the Medion Navigation Sortware for UK and Ireland.

He needs it to go to france and the medion website is sold out of the French Maps and has been for some time now with no idea of when they will be back in stock. i really would like to get him something that will get him a detailed french map and was wondering that in the event of Medion not getting them back in stock in time for his trip - is there any other software that anyone knows will work on his PDA. for example will "tomtom" work with it.

I really don't know what I'm talking about to be honest and any help would be appreciated.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any software will work - at a price. Few offer trial versions. Have a look at Mapopolis - he can try that for 9 days

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And just be aware that if you opt for a 3rd part package i.e. not Medion then you'll need to make a small chnage to the GPS configuration to allow the software to work with the Medion/Royaltek GPS, see this thread.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify things further - you can't use a TomTom map with the Navigon software supplied with the Navigon bundle. Further, the TomTom Navigator 3 Maps of Western Europe is a maps only product - you need a separate copy of TomTom Navigator 3.

If your need is just for France, you could buy TomTom Navigator 3 France and install the English version of the software and English voice files. You could add the UK as well as the rest of the European coverage to a copy of Navigator 3 France by buying Navigator 3 Maps of Western Europe.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: