Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New GO750 - first impressions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New GO750 - first impressions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SignumGPS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: New GO750 - first impressions Reply with quote

Well the 750 became my weapon of choice on the tarmac advances we call roads.
I had contemplated a referb 730 i think it was, suggested by Andy P, i looked at it, no LMG offered now, so for £60 more, i get me self a new spanker.

So 750 it was to cover some European road trips we sometimes grace the mainland with.
So out of box, well packed, feels well built, packaged well - random image sticker on screen, a protective one would do - i will see what the screen does when i turn it on Laughing Out Loud.
Then i gingerly lift the little flap of box to reveal the mount, don't worry, im not attracted to random bits of plastic or find them fetish like, but my previous mount was the old 'ONE' mount, would often fall and plain annoying, and there it is, a neat little easy fit, with a very simple sit and click, none of this slide up and bang the back of ya hand on the windscreen job!

Not been out in car yet, this is the next bit to look forward to, had a poe around screen at home, menu reminds me of Nokia phones, all work the same, never forget the basic layout and easy to use

I will say though the screen image on the box shows crass, tree's a nice road sign, road markings - is tis on here somewhere or extra?

Next stop will be a journey, im hoping somewhere far enough to stretch the legs of this little piece of tech - lets see what tomorrow brings.

Signum Thumbs Up
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: New GO750 - first impressions Reply with quote

SignumGPS wrote:
will say though the screen image on the box shows crass, tree's a nice road sign, road markings - is tis on here somewhere or extra?

probably the 'junction view' and/or lane guidance. basically shows a rough idea of what the junction looks like and shows you which lane to go in and the sign-posts as a help.

MaFt
SignumGPS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: New GO750 - first impressions Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
SignumGPS wrote:
will say though the screen image on the box shows crass, tree's a nice road sign, road markings - is tis on here somewhere or extra?

probably the 'junction view' and/or lane guidance. basically shows a rough idea of what the junction looks like and shows you which lane to go in and the sign-posts as a help.

MaFt

Hi MaFt

So does it automatically switch to this when you approach a junction does it?

Cheers
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dunno turned it off before i used it ..was extremely annoying on the720....
You will find button pushing will take an age compared to a 720 ,I used to be able to take a poi at about 60mph now I virtually have to stop cos the buttons take forever
Guivre46
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, automatically switches to junction view about 400 yards before manouvre, then switches back about 10 seconds afterwards.
Kia In-dash Tomtom
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But these "Reality View" images are only programmed into the map for certain major junctions. Most motorway junctions will be there, but some are still missing.
Try setting up a "Prepare route" (advance planning as it used to be called) from about half a mile before before junction 4 of the M4 (going west) coming off onto the A312 The Parkway. As soon as the route is calculated, tap "Details" and select "Show route demo".
Then you should see it happening.
You even get the moon and stars if you do it at night!
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: New GO750 - first impressions Reply with quote

SignumGPS wrote:

So does it automatically switch to this when you approach a junction does it?

Cheers

sorry ,yes it does automatically switch over to that picture and prevents you from seeing which way you need to turn at the end of the slipway

(Mod. edit - just to tidy up quote)
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
sorry ,yes it does automatically switch over to that picture and prevents you from seeing which way you need to turn at the end of the slipway

Tap the screen and it goes away.

If there are multiple lanes on the sliproad it will occassionally indicate which one to be in.
SignumGPS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info guys - i will look out for them when they come up, see how i get on with them.

Now to get on with POI's etc Smile

Cheers

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: