Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GATSO:12989@40 and additional cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GATSO:12989@40 and additional cameras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick-uk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: GATSO:12989@40 and additional cameras Reply with quote

On the A303 as you pass through Winterbourne Stoke there is a gatso camera and two other accompanying cameras.

These cameras appear to point towards a section of the road midway along the speed lines and the centre of the carriageway.

On the speed camera submission map there is a also a "dummy" point slightly further west than these cameras.

Both cameras are marked as "Gatso Meter" and house different fronts.

Are these the dummies marked on the map or do they serve some other purpose. I can only guess that they monitor the double white lines in the centre of the carriageway maybe for people speeding past on the wrong side of the road? If you know the road then apart from this approx half mile through this villiage then NSL applies.

Any ideas?

DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These have been there several years and we've been discussing them on and off for the same length of time. The dummy is to save extra submissions as they appear to be a single group rather than separate cameras.

A search on Winterbourne Stoke will bring up a few threads, including this one. Discussion starts at bottom of first page.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Rick-uk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks

I used GATSO:12989@40 a303 winterbourne as my search terms., Searched for any terms and of the 65 pages it listed I have to admit to only scanning the first couple and not spotting the thread you mentioned.

I have been past these cameras for ages as you point out but it was only yesterday that I managed to be able to stop and get a closer look.

Now I know that I am not the only one mystified by these.

Thanks again
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I recently said elsewhere. I had a good close up look at my local square section camera shown in the fourth pic above (not the rectangular one with two 'lenses') and am now 99% sure that this is a auxilliary flash unit rather that the ANPR cam that I thought it was at first. 'Mine' has no transparent clear lens, but a sort of diffuser over the front, so I can't see the innermost workings of it. If it is a camera, the pictures would be verry fuzzy. Shocked It is pointing fairly steeply downwards at the firtst few rungs of the ladder markings.
Problem Solved???????????

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: