Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - The HD alert that wouldn't die
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

The HD alert that wouldn't die

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: The HD alert that wouldn't die Reply with quote

I contacted Tomtom last week, à propos the roadworks permanently reported by HD Traffic on the A1231 eastbound. These are long gone - the work was completed and there haven't been any further works there for many months. Yet every time I plan a route that involves travel on the road, my 740 erroneously reports the roadworks still present.

What is the the process that leads to such alerts finally being cancelled, as it appears not to have happened in this instance.

Any other examples?

FWIW, I got the following response from Tomtom:

Quote:
We would like to thank you for your feedback regarding roadworks permanently reported by HD Traffic on the A1231 eastbound. At TomTom we take all customer comments, feedback and suggestions seriously and therefore we have passed your comments on to our 2nd Line Team, they will make the necessary amendments. Also as a gesture of goodwill and a thanks for the feedback, we are happy to offer you a £ 10 voucher for use on our website.
Orac1
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: The HD alert that wouldn't die Reply with quote

Seamaster wrote:
What is the the process that leads to such alerts finally being cancelled, as it appears not to have happened in this instance.

Any other examples?

One presumes this is merely a continuation of TomTom's general problem as a company of not giving a damn for properly maintaining almost any database or of seeming to understand why end users will be very annoyed about such errors.

As they list numerous petrol stations that never existed, closed a long time ago or that changed to another brand of petrol in their petrol station database and have not implemented new roundabouts on their maps that Ordnance Survey has known about for several years presumably this general lack of pride in properly maintaining their databases is an endemic problem at the company.

I used to work with financial databases with tens of thousands of funds and it was always very easy to spot the ones that were no longer updating, that had old fund names etc via a variety of comparative checks that could easily be carried out. The fact that the TomTom does not bother to do so seems to say they are all about sales and hype and not about providing a proper reliable high quality satellite navigation service. Evil or Very Mad
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a couple of the usual auto-generated emails from Tomtom claiming this is being looked into by second line, but the Alert That Wouldn't Die is still in rude health as of noon today. Rolling Eyes
Orac1
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seamaster wrote:
I've had a couple of the usual auto-generated emails from Tomtom claiming this is being looked into by second line, but the Alert That Wouldn't Die is still in rude health as of noon today. Rolling Eyes

I assume that all these reports are filed in precisely the same filing cabinet with a large incinerator at the bottom as reports to Teleatlas (a TomTom Cypher company) Map Insight that claim your issue is being addressed and is currently at Stage 1.

Are all the other Satnav companies even worse than TomTom or is that only TomTom has "IQ Routes and "HD Traffic" and for this people are prepared to overlook all the company's numerous other extensive deficiencies in providing us with a decent quality of service or especially a decent quality of data.

Its just as well that TomTom are not responsible for managing or maintaining the actual GPS satellite constellation.
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has finally been cleared, I'm pleased to report.

Why has Orac1 been banned? Question
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something to do with a rather long ranty thread that got a bit out of hand I think.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: