Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - the Q loop route
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

the Q loop route

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GaryD
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: the Q loop route Reply with quote

Hi All,

sorry another newbie here.

I am finding the SatMap active 10 a great piece of kit.

I have been playing around with the active 10 for a couple of weeks now and feel very comfortable with it. I am in the process of putting in some of my routes. this I have no problem with and found it simple and a lot of fun. A lot of my routes are routes that are circular

what I want to ask is if a route starts off with a straight leg of say 3 miles then it turns into a loop and then return back down the straight 3 mile part of the leg to the start so the start and end are the same, a route like a letter Q. the only way I have found that the route will close is if I retrace all the way back down the straight part of the leg. is there a short cut like double clicking on start and double clicking on the waypoint that splits the loop or do you have to retrace your steps all the way back to the start to close the route???

one last thing is there a list of user setting that others Satmap 10 use on this forum

thanks for any help

Gary
Bosun
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary,

I don't think there is such a system on the Active 10,or if there is I haven't found it.

When completing a loop as you describe I just continue a little to one side of the outward route.

Hopefully in the next software update there will be an alternative to the "thick yellow line problem" so Satmap may well incorporate something as you describe.

You could always e-mail them and suggest it.

I don't think there is a list of settings on the forum as I would imagine everyones needs are a little different ( geocaching,walking,cycling ) so settings are a personal thing.If you are having a problem then just ask on here and someone will be glad to help.I have had my Satmap for well over a year now and even now I can't always work out the settings without asking someone.

Ian

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: