Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Active mount - come apart?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Active mount - come apart?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nomorebridge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: TomTom Active mount - come apart? Reply with quote

Quick bit of help guys, can these come apart, so you are left with just the mount and not the suction cup an arm so you just have the tiny holder part?

It looks as though if you pull hard enough the mount will pop away from the ball on which it moves but I don't know for sure, is it going to break into a thousands bits if I give it a real yank?

I don't want to totally the thing as I want to put it together again after, I just want to try something out.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be a couple of Philips head screws securing the top part of the ball socket to the other (main part) - I don't have my XL IQ Easy Port mount to hand to double check this but the iPhone car kit and the Start device both use similar ball arrangements and they both have a couple of screws securing the ball top cap - The screws might be under a couple of rubber plugs (they are on the iPhone car kit)

Or are you refering to an x40/ x50 dock as these do come to bits but in a different way - Mike
nomorebridge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies just seen the guide on this site, little more complicated than I had hoped Sad

Sorry for any time wasted
nomorebridge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was referring to the x40 Mike, but it looks a bit of a mission having seen the guide!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 minutes of a job to strip one of them down - What are you trying to do with it? - Mike
nomorebridge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically I just want to be able to stick it flush to my dash using a bit of blu-tack or some such thing on the bottom or back of the mount so I can just whip it off quickly and take it with me.

I don't like windscreen mounts much, and though I can attach the suction pad to areas of my dash it's a lot of hassle and sticks out a fair way, I want it to look as discreet as possible.

I looked at the brodit clips and they are pretty decent but don't attatch to my preferred area and still mean leaving something in the car which I don't really want to do.

If there are any alternatives, feel free to chuck them in!

Thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there no Brodit Pro-Clip for your car in the area you want to mount it? as most makes/ models are covered, combine the Brodit accessory mount with a Mini-Move it clip and Pro-Clip and you can remove all but the Pro-Clip very easilly.
I am not too sure blu-tak will hold a device in place bearing in mind the state of the roads in the UK at the moment but it might be worth a try - To take the mount to bits isn't difficult and the pictures you have found on this site were detailing swapping out the Broddit style ball and coupling it to an RDS-TMC receiver equipped mount which is more involved.

The basic accessory mount is easy to take to bits you only need a T6 Torx bit to get in to it - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the TT accessory mount. Would that do what you want?

(maybe fixed to a Brodit Move-Clip?)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: