Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PDA Go Slow - TTNAV or Bluetooth issue?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PDA Go Slow - TTNAV or Bluetooth issue?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chipfork
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 9:28 am    Post subject: PDA Go Slow - TTNAV or Bluetooth issue? Reply with quote

*** Posted in PPC 2002 Support Forum too ***

iPAQ 3970, Emtac BT GPS, PPC2002, SanDisk 256MB SD (Taiwan), TTNAV 2.24, GPS 2.07.

The saga continues, upgraded ROM from 2.00 to 2.10 and applied the SD fix. Working fine, re-installed key software components without a problem.

However noted that when I started TTNAV the PDA ground to a halt, screen takes seconds to build/refresh - icons in Navigator would appear one at a time. Clicking on Start Menu meant waiting for 5 secs or so and then very slow. Managed to eventually close TTNAV and still slow but alternates every 20/30 secs or so between slow and normal.

Tried taking out the SD card, I'd reformatted it with FAT32 (16kb clusters), but no effect. Tried disabling the Bluetooth Radio and that seems to be the problem, disabling it seems to stop the problem. Not noticed a problem before as only enabled the radio once I installed TTNAV.

Not always slow with Bluetooth Radio on, managed to pair Emtac GPS ok and run "Crux View" but just got read errors when selecting the correct port. As soon as I start the TTNAV GPS utility that's when the slow down kicks in, stopping it doesn't seem to make much of a difference but disabling the BT Radio fixes things.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detailed answer already made to your other post.

I think it's the Sandisk SD card.

David
Pat Boy Slim UK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes its the sandisk card ! Tomtom themselves told me this.Its a known problem to them.The sandisk card has a slow access rate,so when the IPaq/Tomtom tries to read from the card it cant get the data off fast enough.A card with an access speed of 10mb/sec would be ideal.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: