Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Not getting certain camera warnings!?!?!?!?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Not getting certain camera warnings!?!?!?!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boydie76
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Not getting certain camera warnings!?!?!?!? Reply with quote

I have a Garmin 1340T and have successfully installed the PGPSW Speed Camera database and voice warnings

Everything seemed to be working fine (thanks to all the resources and helpful people here Very Happy ) but I have run into a bit of an issue

There is a stretch of road near me that has a mobile camera site situated a few hundreds in advance of a fixed GATSO site

When I approach I get the warning for the Mobile site but do not get a warning for the fixed GATSO (luckily I know it is there but this could be an issue elsewhere - or for other people approaching this particular site!)

I know that the fixed camera is in the database as I get the warning if I travel in the opposite direction

I have therefore concluded that the issue is down to a "clash" with the mobile warning and fixed warning - i.e. I am not getting the fixed camera warning as the mobile camera warning is already being given at the time the fixed warning should be given

Is it possible to give "priority" to fixed camera warnings so that they "cut through" mobile warnings

I intend to install and have a play with ASH's camera manager to change the warning distances between Mobile & Fixed cameras to ensure they don't clash, which I hope will resolve the issue - I will report back if I solve it

Has anyone else had this issue?

Any thoughts?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's down, entirely, to how garmin handle 3rd party poi alerts. ash 10's manager MAY help the issue as you can shorten the warnings - i find the default garmin ones are far too long anyway!

well, let us know how you get on!

MaFt
tomthompson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Ashs camera warnings and have a warning time of 40 seconds for mobiles but only 15 seconds for Gatsos , works well , mind there is one place I go where I see about 8 cameras on the screen at once , gets quite noisy then.

I keep on learning but they invent new things faster ,How do I keep up ?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: