Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tom tom GPS runs but tomtom will not start
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tom tom GPS runs but tomtom will not start

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davelong
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 8:58 am    Post subject: tom tom GPS runs but tomtom will not start Reply with quote

HP2210 rom 1.0
Rikaline 6020 CF gps
TomTom 3 ver 3.02
UK Maps on sd card

Any help please? I started tom tom without CF GPS installed. I now cannot start mapping software to start.

The Tom Tom GPS seems to be permanently running. Little sat dish symbol bottom right of 2210 screen. Will not go away. GPS does not show up in "running programmes" in 2210 settings. How do I kill this program? soft reset does not help. symbol goes away but comes back if you invoke tom tom. but try to start tom tom and the GPS starts but the mapping program itself will not start.

Last time this happened I had to hard reset and reinstall everything. Means you have to carry laptop around with you to do the occasional reset.

There must be a simple fix to get Tom Tom to run again without reloading everything.

Any boffins out there? I am new to pocket PC. Did not seem to get these problems with Palm!!
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if you're suffering from this problem (click the smaller words).

Soft reset, open Calendar - can you start Navigator then?

There's currently no Navigator 3.02 - if you give version numbers be clear which is which version. The latest versions at the time of writing are Navigator 3.01 and GPS 3.02.

David
davelong
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: tom tom 3 will not start up. Reply with quote

Rikaline 6020 CF GPS
HP 2210 with bios ver 1.1
Tom Tom 3 UK ver with latest updates
Pocket PC

Problem is that everything is working fine for a few hours. Then you set a new trip and something goes wrong. It looks like tom tom is starting up; the little gps symbols appears bottom right corner of HP2210. Mapping software no longer appears. The GPS is permanently on, even with the pda switched off. The only way to kill gps is with reset. You can see the GPS working correctly from its own page. (i.e. you can see satelites , red bars, direction position and speed) but no map to relate to.

The only way I have found to correct the situation is by removing tom tom and reinstalling it. Hardly convenient.

I have no other software loaded up except that which came with the machine. Neither tom tom nor tom tom gps show in settings/system/memory/running program list the only thing that seems to lurk there is activesync. If you try to stop activesync is says it is not responding. If you hit "end task" it goes away, but tom tom still does not work. Why does activesync seem to be running. I did not invoke it?

This gps card is a little unusual. The one I ordered from PDAMODS was the 6021-X6 but this one arrived instead.. it has a first GPS chipset not sirf11. Any one used one? Has 8 channels but very low power consumption. Maybe I am beta testing some thing new?

As I say I am new to pocket pc are there any boffins out there to help please

Also I have seen the info about soft reset, opening outlook then trying to open tom tom but does not sseem to be same problem
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinstall ttnav 3 from the disc and dont use the updates also there is a slider in the gps menu that when you slide it it goes from sleep to the tt logo slide this to the tt logo and it should be ok from there

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
sland
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alix776 wrote:
reinstall ttnav 3 from the disc and dont use the updates also there is a slider in the gps menu that when you slide it it goes from sleep to the tt logo slide this to the tt logo and it should be ok from there
What does that little slider do then?

Mike
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This 'slider' when activated prevents the PocketPC from entering 'Sleep' power save mode when the GPS is running.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: