Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New to PDA/Satnav
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New to PDA/Satnav

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
streetfighter74
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: New to PDA/Satnav Reply with quote

Hi all,

as it says i'm new to pda's and satnav's, Anyway i've been given a Medion MDPPC 200 pda with the gps addon thingy, but it didn't come with any disc's, it has windows mobile installed,
now I've managed to install tomtom 7 navigator software and uk maps and for someone that don't know nothing about what the right software should be was good going Laughing Out Loud, but now i want to be able to link it to my tower but cos of having no disc's i don't have the drivers and don't know what software i need to interface with the tomtom software on the PDA for changing maps,voices,speed cam updates stuff like that.... can anyone please ponit me to somewhere i can download the drivers/software

many thanks in advance

steve
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need Activesync for Xp or windows mobile device center if using Vista, both available from Microsoft for free, but its probably just as easy using the card in a reader unless you are syncing.
streetfighter74
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that, now then, i've downloaded and installed it and the first time i pluged the pda in it worked however it soon lost connection and all i've get now when i plug in the pda is a usb device not recongnized, i'ne uninstalled it reinstalled a few time and i still can't get it to work,

I've done some homework and from what i can make out Activesync 4.5 will not work with windows mobile before version 5.0 i'm running 4.20.1081 (build 13100) i've tried Activesync 4,2 aswell and i get the same with that?

any help would be great

thx steve
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can assure you that activesync 4.5 works quite happy right back to win 2003se witch I believe is 4.21, icannot verify 4,2 but earlier versions did run ok, Have you configured and named the PDA, although activesync is not brilliant it is usally reasonably reliable once configured.
I find that with mobile device center i have to switch the PDA off then on again to connect.
streetfighter74
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh i've tried tuning on and off,unpluging it,restarting the pda and pc it just keep throwing a benny Laughing Out Loud, not to worry i'll keep on it,

Next problem i've found, what format should video files be in,as it wouldnt play avi, is there a converter i can use to convert files to the right format to play on the PDA, the media player on it is media player 9

thanks for your help

steve
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the exact version of TT 7 you have and where did you get it from? What format did you get it? SD Card?

Do you know what map version you have and where you got that from?

It's worth checking for incompatibilities..

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: