Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Upgraded
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Upgraded

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Upgraded Reply with quote

TT 3 upgrade arrived this morning, installed ok till I got to the maps and it hung.
Removed the SD card from the XDA and put it in the card reader and installed the maps.
Put the SD card back in the XDA and the XDA back in it's cradle, active sync just locked up but was still able to open the files on the SD card from the PC. strange to say the least.
Removed XDA from it's cradle, TT3 working perfectly.
Removed active sync from the PC deleted all it's profiles and directories, re-installed active sync. Put XDA back in the cradle and it syced correctly. Can only assume active syn couldn't handle the changes TomTom had made to the XDA.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure it hung when copying maps? ActiveSync is incredibly slow unless it's operating over a network connection (I use it over my wireless LAN as I have wireless LAN hardware for my iPAQ).

If you interrupted a map copy operation via ActiveSync, the chances are that things had got stuck in a rather strange state which would probably require a reboot of the PC and a soft reset of the Pocket PC to sort out.

David
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidW wrote:
Are you sure it hung when copying maps? ActiveSync is incredibly slow unless it's operating over a network connection (I use it over my wireless LAN as I have wireless LAN hardware for my iPAQ).

If you interrupted a map copy operation via ActiveSync, the chances are that things had got stuck in a rather strange state which would probably require a reboot of the PC and a soft reset of the Pocket PC to sort out.

David

Looking back through the logs it would appear that Active Sync dropped out half way through copying the maps to the SD Card. This seems to have left Active Sync in limbo. Whilst the XDA didn't need a reset for TT3 to work ok, Windows XP Pro needed a complete removal of Active Syc, all it's directories and profile. Re-installed 3.71 and all is fine now. :D
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: