Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New iPAQ 2210 TT3 owner
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New iPAQ 2210 TT3 owner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thekirbyfake
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: New iPAQ 2210 TT3 owner Reply with quote

Thought it was about time I upgraded my old Palm Zire for a better unit and wanted sat nav to go with it. Pondered about the Aldi/Medion deal for a while but the cons (support, upgrades, POI, unknown name) outweighed the pros (price and erm... price) for me.

I always tend to "stick with what you know" and I settled on the Handnav deal with:

iPAQ 2210 - not even comparable with my old Zire!
TomTom 3 wired - TT seems to have a good reputation and lots of knowledge on this excellent forum
Go Digital 128Mb CF card - will upgrade to 256 (or 512) pretty soon
Seidio GPS ready mount - seems good but wish I'd gone for the window rather than vent clip. I've a Focus and the RAM Mount on these pages looks ideal
All for £449 - link HERE

I've read good and bad reports about Handnav, but credit where credit's due, Chetan was very helpful and I have no problems in recommending them to anyone thinking of a new purchase.

Used it all for the first time today. Within minutes I was being directed around roads I know like the back of my hand and... let's just say that it didn't know the back roads like I do. Clearly this wasn't a surprise and that's really not a problem. I got sat nav for when I'm driving to areas I don't and if I spend an extra, say, 5 minutes taking the long way round then so be it. It'll save me the extra time doing U-turns and fumbling with maps.

I have a couple of questions.

1. What are good names for SD or CF cards? And best places to buy them.

2. I want to download the PGW speed camera database but can only find links for TT1 and TT2. Will either work with TT3?

Cheers
KIRBY

PS This has to be one of the best independant resources I've ever found on the web. Stumbled across it and I'm really glad I did!

HTC TyTn; TT6 BT; 1Gb SanDisk MicroSD
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome Smile

For SD cards avoid SANDISK or any marked as made in China or PRC. CF cards haven't had the issues that SD cards have, if you visit www.valueflash.co.uk you'll find some good deals.

The Safety Camera database is the same for all versions of TTNav (we'll get the page updated to avoid confusion!) it will work happily with TTN3.

Thanks for the kind comments, there's a great bunch of users here and we hold get togethers every now and again and hope to hold a summer event so keep tuned Thumbs Up

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: