Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Latest map guarantee
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Latest map guarantee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stuey99fx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Latest map guarantee Reply with quote

I have a 940 and tried to use the LMG but as has happened to others in this forum TT home says i have the latest maps etc. [ version 810 ]
My app version is 8.310 and i have the latest version of TT Home .

So far TT has had me try deleting the maps , renaming the downloads folder , deleting the TT application folder , re-installing TT home direct from the website but it still will not work .

Has anybody out there managed to get this piece of c**p working ?
Or had any usefull input from TT support ?

thanks stuart
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, 8.10 is now about 6 months old. How old is the unit?

iPhone 12
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to phone TomTom on Monday morning to find out what is wrong, the number is 0845 161 009 - Mike
stuey99fx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The unit is now about 5 weeks old .
i have been trying to use the LMG [ hopefully the 825 map ] for about 10 days with no luck .

i've spoken to TT support twice so far :

1st they told me to delete the europe map and re-install home by downloading direct from the TT website

2nd after copying the unit's configuration over to them they had me delete the map , rename the TT download file and delete the TT application file .

As a few people had reported a similar problem i was hoping somebody might have a fix ?
kbv1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

i have had the same problem. My 940 is only a week old and the LMG would not work (currently on 810. also).

I called TomTom and they said i have to email them with a load of info including proof of purchase, screen shots of what map versions i have via HOME and a data off the device also via home . If you call them they will email you with all the instructions on how to do this. Smile

Hope thats helps. Cool
sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in exactly the same situation with my 940, they have offered 8.15 maps, map latest map gnt runs out next Sunday. I have refused 8.15 maps. Mine has all been done via email, I have not called them yet. I sent them lots of screen grabs of their website explaining what the latest map gnt was to them.

I too had to send them lots of info great grandmothers birth certificate etc.

kbv1 Did you actually get the 8.25 maps then?

SDM197.
stuey99fx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guy's

i've allready phoned them twice and sent all the settings data via home but the two fix's they've allready had me do don't work !

only thing they haven't asked for yet is a copy of the purchase invoice

oh well back on the phone tomorrow then !!

stu
rjabse
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem with a One XL I bought on Boxing Day (PC World sale) but just switched on for the first time last week (a gift for my father's birthday later this month).
TT Home offered to sell me the 825 maps for £40 but also said the maps currently on the unit (710) were the newest available. After e-mailing TomTom I got a response the next day that they had added 815 maps to my account, and that they were the latest maps at my time of purchase.
I e-mailed them again at lunchtime today with a scan of the LMG leaflet that was in the box and a screenshot from their own website (both saying that LMG is within 30 days of first use) and they had added 825 maps to my account by the time I came home from work this evening.
I'm a bit annoyed that they tried to fob me off with an older map, but still pleased that they gave me what I wanted (and was entitled to) without much of a fight.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you were rather lucky getting the 825 maps some ten weeks after purchasing the device, most people have to send proof of purchase and if you are outside the 30 day limit they won't play ball - well done in this case - Mike
nickperry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having bought my 940 LIVE on the Thursday before the 825 release, I too got the 815 Maps. I called TomTom last Wednesday morning and the venry polite chap at the other end of the phone implied that I was not necessarily entitled to the maps released on the Friday, but did see quite how ludicrous that seemed. He had me sent the proof of purchase, and the latest maps were attached to my account today - interestingly not via the LMG function - that stills says I have the latest maps, but just via the Update My GO option.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kbv1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

going back to my post above. I sent all the stuff off to TomTom as they requested and the next day they mailed me informing me i can now download both US and UK/EU maps i had on my device to 825. So I'm happy :D
sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry to say I have had to resort to this email to TomTom after trying numerous emails to get my maps.

"Hello ******,

I can see the maps on TT Home when I log in on my 940Live account, but they are still not the correct maps they are 8.15 not 8.25.

Would it be easier if I just took the unit back for a refund? I mean after having 4 tom toms a one,920,930 and 940 I think to ask you to honour your latest Map Guarantee is not asking too much is it?

I don't really want a Garmin, but I feel I am being pushed that way. Also you should not advertise a service you will not provide 8.15 are not the latest maps.

To be honest I am getting tired of this now, I feel like reporting this to which? consumer magazine of which I am a subscriber, also talking to trading standards, and Advertising Standards in the UK.

I know its not your fault personally, but please sort this out,

Regards"

I am really peed off with TT. as you can see from my email, I have exchanged about 8 emails so far about this, provided loads of info, and so far not getting the 8.25 maps.

SDM197

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: