Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Pda/sat nav Help for total newbie please
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Pda/sat nav Help for total newbie please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colesy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:46 am    Post subject: Pda/sat nav Help for total newbie please Reply with quote

Hi guys,
1st off let me apologise for me asking this type of question again. I have read and searched through this helpful site, but I am just getting more and more confused.
I currently have no pda but was thinking about the Hp 4150 because of the wi-fi and bluetooth. Wifi for transmitting files between pc and Bluetooth probably being my solution for the sat nav.
Now what I was looking to get is a portable sat nav bluetooth solution, which can do postcodes. I would like to be able to remove it from the car and possibly carry it around city centres when on foot.
I would also need a good car mount, maybe of a suction type.
I have no idea which solution is best for me, so any advise would be great.
Many thanks
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Colesy,

Welcome to the forum. Smile

Firstly which country are you located in? Confused Please update your profile. Thumbs Up

I’ll assume that you’re in the UK, so apologies if you’re not. If you need Wi-Fi then the 4150 is a good choice, I’ve not seen many negative comments about it in this forum. Alternatively you could go for a 5550, although they do suffer from quiet speakers. If Wi-Fi isn’t an issue then a lot of people use the 2210 and transfer data via the included cradle/charger.

As for Postcode in the UK, none of the packages offer 100% out-of-the-box usage. However if you go for TomTom Navigator 3 with the free Post Codes add on written by Niels Thomsen then you will get a good set-up.

I use the generic TomTom windscreen suction mount and have found it to be very reliable. It’s not as nice looking as say a Brodit mount, but it does the job.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
Colesy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Privateer. I have updated my profile.
I was thinking about TT3. I have had a look at the http://www.tomtom.com/products/products.php?ID=238&Language=1
but is doesn't seem to do Southern or Northern Ireland, which is a shame. Not vitally important for me, but would be nice to have.
Any body have any ideas if I can take this GPS receiver out and about in my pocket, or will it drain too quickly?

Thanks in advance

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: